Drl?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ekalb2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2003 Tohoe.
For some reason my Daytime running lights are not where they are supposed to be. I mean they are there, but when they come on its the regular head lights that come on, not the ones below them. I cant figure it out.
I usually flip them off anyway, but sometimes I forget.
Any clues or insight would be appreciated.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
have You checked the wires? are You the Original owner? also are there bulbs in the DRL spot and if so what are they? is it the outside low beams or the inside Hi-beams that come on?

OP
OP
E

Ekalb2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am not the original owner.
I cant get back there to check the wires. I cant get the top set of lights out. I know about the pins you gotta pull, but the light housing dont have much wiggle room. Its hanging up on something in there. I really dont want to take the grill off.
The bulbs are in the DRL housing. Everything is where its supposed to be.
Its the outside low beams that come on when the vehicle is started.
It does not appear to have any hi-4 or 6 mod done to it. But I have not looked under the dash yet.

LSUz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The grille takes 5 minutes to remove. If it comes to that.
Aounds like someone wanted their HIDs on durring the daytime so they spliced into the drls

OP
OP
E

Ekalb2000

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got the headlamps out without having to take the grill off. The blue and black wire going to the DRL, the black one was cut and taped off, on the drivers side. The blue one had about two inches added to its length with butt connectors. So I drug out the solder iron and rewired the black wire. And redone the blue one. Still no joy.
The passenger side was good to go.
I then checked the fuses for all the lamps. They were good.
Im still baffled as to why someone would have the headlamps come on instead of the DRL. But will i was up front I noticed screw hole in the cross braces infront of the radiator. Like there was lightes mounted to it. Could this have been a police/border patrol vehicle at one time?

LSUz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kc lights, hid ballasts, strobe lights, emergency lights all could have been mounted in front of the radiator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andraliahlee