Drooping brake cable on 2003 LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dawg82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Asked my mechanic if there was a issue with this brake cable drooping. Said it was normal, but I haven’t seen any it on other similar age Tahoes or Yukons. Don’t take 2WD off road, any reason to worry?

IMG_3779.jpeg

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is normal.. It annoys me every time I see one of those trucks going down the highway watching it flop around at every bump... But its normal

Aquamania001

Reaction score
Asked my mechanic if there was a issue with this brake cable drooping. Said it was normal, but I haven’t seen any it on other similar age Tahoes or Yukons. Don’t take 2WD off road, any reason to worry?

View attachment 404354
Mine hangs down but not that low. I have seen it a lot on the road. Getting ready to get my E-brake assembly replaced next week. Rusted out.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 404354
That's not normal Brian! See that metal clip on the cable? That snaps into the clamp for it on the panhard bar. That's the control arm that is transverse, at an angle, to keep the axle centered. Should be two clips to keep the cable in place. Yours is probably missing.

PN# 23197338

You can see them in this youtube video at about 2:53 in:

1689881056158.png

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my QA1 panhard, I lost the ability to use those clips. They provided massive zip ties which I put on. Need to trim the ends tho, I left em on to snug up after driving a bit, but that's been several months now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1