E Fans better than stock clutch driven??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Guys Im curious how much and what kind of Electric fans I should go with over the clutch driven stock one thats there now. Any input would be great , thanks

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Im kinda confused on how electric fans would seriously benefit performance... Ive heard that they do a lot, but how? Do they just make the truck run cooler or???

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So Im kinda confused on how electric fans would seriously benefit performance... Ive heard that they do a lot, but how? Do they just make the truck run cooler or???

Personally dude. it don't it does anything, just think about it man, you remove the Clutch Base FAN, WOW. that little plastic being remove and replace with electrical going to add 10HP.. i don't think so.. it will be nice if its cheap, and i will say.. Why not change it.. but for over $200, i will say.. just keep the Clutch FAN

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
-Frees up the drag caused from the fan.
-most of them are completely adjustable to the temp you want to run them at.
-you can turn off the fans for water crossings
-quicker warm ups and cool downs
-longer water pump life
-less fan noise
-improved air conditioner and heater performance
-improve gas mileage
and best of all, it does increase horsepower..

Just because you see a kit that sells for 550 bucks, doesnt mean it will cost you that. Ive seen SOOOO many different setups out there. Taking fans off ford taurus' or lincolns since they have the better fans out there. These are very common swaps and easy to do. and veryyy beneficial.

Im glad i did this swap when i did. the throttle response was greatly increased. and everything else inbetween.

(im aloud to say everything i did since i have a set on my truck :))

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:58 PM ----------

i had to rub it in.. It just looks soo much cleaner then that big ass fan shroud and that metal fan that hangs out. id rather get my hand hit by a non moving plastic fan then a metal stock fan :Handshake:

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
basically any fan you want.. theres no restriction besides the size and how much cfm they pull. you just need to wire it up properly.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally dude. it don't it does anything, just think about it man, you remove the Clutch Base FAN, WOW. that little plastic being remove and replace with electrical going to add 10HP.. i don't think so.. it will be nice if its cheap, and i will say.. Why not change it.. but for over $200, i will say.. just keep the Clutch FAN

:think: :wtf: If this is based on cost, this may be the wrong hobby for you.

E-fans have always been a great mod and can be had for as little as $100 and I've seen them bought for less (new & used) if you look around. LS1 fans are very popular to. The HP gained all depends on what other mods you have, they all play a part in the HP game. Even putting e-fans on a stock motor with no mods will still yield some power.
Why would you NOT want to put e-fans on?
With the list of benefits below, you cant go wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx