E85 in my 03 Yukon XL..Can I?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look inside your gas door. There will be a sticker that says "E85" if it is a flex fuel truck. I know one of the letters in the VIN will tell you as well. Im sure someone will chime in and tell you which one.

trev

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If there is a "z" in your vin number, you can use it. Not sure which spot in the vin though.

Chucktown Mako

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either way, you could probably burn it, but I wouldn't if your car is not designed for it. I believe it degrades older rubbers, like fuel lines, valves seats, etc.

radkon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If there is a "z" in your vin number, you can use it. Not sure which spot in the vin though.

If the 8th digit is a Z then you have a 5.3L flex fuel truck. 79% of 03 Tahoes and 70+% of 5.3 Yukons have the flex fuel engine so if you are a gambling man I'd say the odds are with you.

OP
OP
erock198

erock198

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess since I have the big 6.0 it's a no go . I'll just keep cruising in my 91 RS till Winter :)

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a flex fuel truck and i wont use e85.. i have heard nothing but bad things about it. horrible mpg's, truck runs like ****, check engine lights turning on after filling up with it. ..

Does anyone use it regularly?

OP
OP
erock198

erock198

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never actually thought about the seals. I was really only thinking about mpg $$ and pinging. HMM

Oh 8th is a "U"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925