Easiest Way to convert a 5 lug hoe to 6 lug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Adapters would be the easiest for sure... Since that's out as an option, either filling/redrilling or replacing the rear axle and then the rotors up front is next.

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could just swap in a 00-up rear axle with the disc brakes and get some 6 lug rotors up front. might be pricey but other than adapters it's the best/safest way.

wigwag90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Come on someone has to know, is there an older year model that has the six lug rotors. Mine is a 99 2 whell drive.I want to run newer model 20s on it but I dont know wher to get a six lug rotor from.

Jaycenk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did some searching real quick and I cam up with this for the front. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BEN-PRT5107/
I am not 100% yet as I was going to call summit and ask them about the top hat to see if it's the exact same size and depth top hat as the 5 lug ones. The rotor size and thickness are the same as far as I can tell. I am planning the doing the same thing but I am not sure about the 00+ rear with disk because I don't know what master cylinder to go with? I am guessing I would have to go with the 00+ 4 wheel disk master.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968