Ebay reverse camera install write-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2005yukonxl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05 nali, look in my other threads on our camera...the TC button just pops out of that plastic piece, leaving a nice square box. wires are perfect length to reroute to the glove box and just double stick tape the button into that section of the glove box on the left thats divided. cubbycam's website has the picture. here i googled it for you to save some time

TractionButtonInGlovebox.jpg

and if u want specifics on my camera install, look for my newbie here thread where i posted all of our mods. i used an ebay camera on mine and total cost was like 50 bucks for camera and monitor.

BillBlatt18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, i have since moved my tc toggle there to add a cubby hole instead of the plastic there. So now i just need to find a monitor that will fit in there nice and snug and look decent. I am ready to pull the trigger on this finally and just need to find a monitor

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great write up. One question. Did you just wire the camera and the monitor to the same place? I couldn't really tell. If so does the camera come on when you unlock the doors and the reverse lights come on? How did you get around this? if at all?

OP
OP
dropmech

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968