Edge performance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willbill15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi, i'm looking to increase my gas mileage on my 2003 yukon...i'm soon to be lifted 6-8 inches on 315/70R17 and any extra gas mileage would be greatly appreciated. I've been told by my local shop to get the edge, wondering if any of you knew about their product? also i keep seeing stuff about blackbear? whats that, how do i use it, and how much does it cost?

I'm already running a MAC air intake plus a throttle body spacer...

sticks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi, i'm looking to increase my gas mileage on my 2003 yukon...i'm soon to be lifted 6-8 inches on 315/70R17 and any extra gas mileage would be greatly appreciated. I've been told by my local shop to get the edge, wondering if any of you knew about their product? also i keep seeing stuff about blackbear? whats that, how do i use it, and how much does it cost?

I'm already running a MAC air intake plus a throttle body spacer...

The EDGE will help you just about as well as a throttle body spacer.

Go with BlackBear. They send you cable to get some readings off your truck. Send it back and they'll send you a new ECM.

OP
OP
W

willbill15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah well i keep reading about black bear being the best. how much does it cost? is it just a one time tune? because with the edge they have the 4 different levels and you can change from what mode you want to use: performance, towing, economy, and like extreme performance or something...sooo guess it just comes down to how much does it cost from black bear for an 03 yukon 5.3.

would the black bear calibrate my speedometer?

brucebruce45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Tb spacer is junk
2. Get a custom tune
3. Changing ur gear ratio would do better than any thing you have mentioned

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sooo guess it just comes down to how much does it cost from black bear for an 03 yukon 5.3.

would the black bear calibrate my speedometer?

around $250, and yes they can.

If you click on the link on the right side of the page they have tons of info there.

OP
OP
W

willbill15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1. Tb spacer is junk
2. Get a custom tune
3. Changing ur gear ratio would do better than any thing you have mentioned

so what should i change my gear ratio to? how much is that and where should i order parts? while i'm in changing gears should i drop a rear locker in?

I talked to black bear, they said gears would help more and then get it tuned later...

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yup, gears, and if 4x4, need to do front and rears....THEN a tune, form BB. Retues are free...hands down love Black Bear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO