Efan keeps running battery went dead WTF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHWELL

Reaction score
Sorry for the bump. But I am having the exact same issue on my 2005 Kon.. Out of the blue, the fans just started running when the kon is off. I have gone out 2 mornings this week to find a dead battery. I have done nothing to this truck in the engine bay.

If for some reason the fans (Both) are not running and I give the relays a tap, they will start and run until they decide to stop.

Some days they do not turn on until well after I exit the vehicle. Only to be told 2 hours later by my wife that the fans are on.

Replaced all 3 relays and the problem persist exactly the same.

*The Truck was checked for codes the other day and all that came up was the Knock Sensor Bank 2, but after this Check, the truck has not been the same. When AC or Heat is turned on, it wants to stall. Runs really rough. Which is a huge problem here in Fl.

Any help would be appreciated.. I bumped thi because it is exactly the issue I am having.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So your stock harness is giving you issues?

As for you running rough, clean your MAF and throttle body.

SHWELL

Reaction score
Cleaned both last night.

As for the stock harness. I guess I will research replacing that. Thanks for the rresponse.

Running worse ttoday. Dropped it off at my mechanic to figure out.. he is my dad.lol

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52