Electric Fan Problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I "think" if you have auto climate control the blower fan will change speeds depending on set and actual temp of cabin

Yukon_Joey

Reaction score
Makes sense, the times I've noticed it was when using remote start which sets the AC to auto and probably recirculate.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BacknBlack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2007 Yukon XL has this issue too. Fans kick on when the engine is not hot, but outside temps are warm. I try to turn the entire cooling system off, and will still have the fans roaring. Quite annoying. I do not have the issue in winter.
My thought was maybe engine thermostat control issue? Engine does not get hot.
Like I said, the fans will just roar unnecessarily.

Yukon_Joey

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what's going on...today I watched my engine temp gage jump from cold to a 1/4 of the way up the gauge (not sure what temps those are off the top of my head).....

harbison

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what's going on...today I watched my engine temp gage jump from cold to a 1/4 of the way up the gauge (not sure what temps those are off the top of my head).....

gmartin1215,
Did you ever resolve the fan issue? My '09 seems to be having the same issue with high fan. I've owned it since new so I know it's sounds. High fan seems louder than normal. It does run more when A/C is on. Wondering if fan motor needs to be replaced

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate