emblems/chrome on Denali LIFTGATE PLENTY OF PICS NEED OPINIONS PLEASE!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. i'm getting my rear applique replaced under warranty due to the defect/dimple whatever it is that's driving me crazy. before i knew GMC would do the right thing and eplace it under warranty i purchased the chrome covers that go over the applique and the liftgate handles (was a set). i also purchased a replacement "GMC" logo (same one we all have on liftgates already).

my plan was to remove all emblems on liftgate and place only the GMC logo onto the upper applique chrome piece (sort of how the GMC acadia and terrain are). so tonight i used the primitive method of electricla tape to cover the emblems and placed the extra things i bought in a variety of arrangements, please feel free to comment on them and before we get the "take it all off" it's never getting lowered or huge wheels so i appreciate the look for everyone has their own thing, it's just not for me, a 40yo guy with wife and teenage kids lol.

keep in mind the clar plastic is still on all the pieces they're were taped in place from the rear, obviously the chrome pieces are extremely bright.

also let me kow about the height of the GMC emblem on the chrome applique cover, i'm thinking the lower the better, i had it centered but then moved it.. thought it looked funny.. thanks!

stock (got dark out so images are a little fuzzy, sorry. camera is awsome though SONY!)
DSC00851.jpg

the way i think GMC should've put the Denali out Flex fuel removed and GMC relocated
DSC00897.gif
DSC00898.gif
DSC00900.gif

here's a different way..only upper chrome removed lower handle cover
DSC00903.gif
DSC00906.gif
DSC00908.gif

and yet another. this might be the cleanest aside from debadging completely
DSC00914.gif
DSC00917.gif

this adds the bottom handle cover chrome same as above for rest though.
DSC00920.gif
DSC00921.gif

here's total debadge
DSC00924.gif
DSC00925.gif

Stock.. so lame so plain i hate it.. just nothing to differentiate it from an SLE or SLT.
DSC00926.gif

thanks for looking. i also have a new denali emblem i could replace the Yukon with? maybe snap a pic of that tomorrow?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
... so tonight i used the primitive method of electricla tape to cover the emblems and placed the extra things i bought in a variety of arrangements, please feel free to comment on them and before we get the "take it all off" it's never getting lowered or huge wheels so i appreciate the look for everyone has their own thing, it's just not for me, a 40yo guy with wife and teenage kids lol.

That would certainly explain spending a Saturday evening obsessing about the back of your truck instead of being out on the town actually using your beautiful truck for socials :) ... but, as I am sitting here responding to you, this 43 y/o suffers the same fate. :pepper:

On topic: I like the idea of one with the GMC centered above the license plate and nothing else. No other markings or chrome but for the bit above the plate and the GMC. :waytogo:

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would certainly explain spending a Saturday evening obsessing about the back of your truck instead of being out on the town actually using your beautiful truck for socials :) ... but, as I am sitting here responding to you, this 43 y/o suffers the same fate. :pepper:

On topic: I like the idea of one with the GMC centered above the license plate and nothing else. No other markings or chrome but for the bit above the plate and the GMC. :waytogo:

thanks.. i am leaning towards that one or the one with the bottom as well and nothing else.. i just hate that the rear of this truck, even the SLE SLT was neglected? Chevy has the bowtie and the applique is beefy, thick, the escalade has the beautiful chrome one with the crest.. Yukon has that flat crap piece?

Oh yeah! the trailer hitch cover is ok, i just leave it off as i know it will either get parked up on by some a-hole or stolen by the guy who sells all of them on Ebay! lol

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks.. i am leaning towards that one or the one with the bottom as well and nothing else..

Thinking about it, the one with the chrome above and below the license plate would make sense for your car. The top one would frame the GMC logo, the bottom one would continue the chrome line on the sides of your truck, making it a straight line of chrome at the same level from any viewpoint.

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about it, the one with the chrome above and below the license plate would make sense for your car. The top one would frame the GMC logo, the bottom one would continue the chrome line on the sides of your truck, making it a straight line of chrome at the same level from any viewpoint.

i know. i know i can do the top chrome/GMC logo and then leave it for a few days, then try adding the lower? just having a hard time with theyukon though? maybe i could put the Denali emblem there instead? or on the right side and remove the yukon. Dam those GM designers DAM DAM DAM! after 5 years of a model run you think they would've gotten a little creative and changed it up some??

i know at least this much. after looking at the first picture then the one below it there is no DOUBT GM should've had the chrome upper/GMC logo there... looks like a different (much more upscale) SUV like that, no?

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know at least this much. after looking at the first picture then the one below it there is no DOUBT GM should've had the chrome upper/GMC logo there... looks like a different (much more upscale) SUV like that, no?

I think sometimes we get stuck on small things and when we do they tend to gain more significance than they probably deserve. As an observer I think your truck is beautiful as it is. But trying telling that to a woman who becomes obsessed with plastic surgery and her sense of what is 'too much' or 'not enough' gets disconnected from what everyone else observes.

There's no judgement in it ... if it bothers you enough then you should change it to look as you want it to. Just don't fidget for the sake of fidgeting. :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, I like the complete debadge look but if I was to choose one other it'd be the gmc in the center on the appliqué but no chrome appliqué. I'm just not big on stick on many stick on chrome but that's my two cents :)

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, I like the complete debadge look but if I was to choose one other it'd be the gmc in the center on the appliqué but no chrome appliqué. I'm just not big on stick on many stick on chrome but that's my two cents :)

thanks, i'm looking to "spruce" up the rear end a little. like the semi-bling look.. i'm still in the 80's lol i have the stick on chrome lower mirror covers on for a year now and i love the look and they look brand new, not a stick on to me anymore you know? can't imagine what the truck looks like with the plain mirrors on it?? boring..

side pic for those who need more visuals!!
DSC05747.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

I think sometimes we get stuck on small things and when we do they tend to gain more significance than they probably deserve. As an observer I think your truck is beautiful as it is. But trying telling that to a woman who becomes obsessed with plastic surgery and her sense of what is 'too much' or 'not enough' gets disconnected from what everyone else observes.

There's no judgement in it ... if it bothers you enough then you should change it to look as you want it to. Just don't fidget for the sake of fidgeting. :)

hahaha. what fun would it be to be into our cars the way we are if we didn't wrestle with these types of things? from day one i thought the front end was ugly but acceptable because of the patented Denali upper and lower grilles. but the rear screams "every other" yukon from the base bench seat 2wd all the way to the Denali. I hate it lol..

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like the GMC logo on the chrome piece...but I think the lower chrome handle makes it look very cheesy and overdone. Too much chrome back there at that point. I say do the upper chrome with GMC logo and nothing else.

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the GMC logo on the chrome piece...but I think the lower chrome handle makes it look very cheesy and overdone. Too much chrome back there at that point. I say do the upper chrome with GMC logo and nothing else.

ahhhhh there's my boy!! i was hoping you would give your expert opinion lol.. thanks bro. i think it's been narrowed down to these..

DSC00906.gif
DSC00897.gif
DSC00914.gif
#1 looking the most "OEM" style to me, at least what they should have done, no?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat