emblems/chrome on Denali LIFTGATE PLENTY OF PICS NEED OPINIONS PLEASE!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So have you already decided on something yet?

Nope... i wish lol

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

I've decided to put the chrome upper piece on my Tahoe. Are these non branded pieces on Ebay of the same quality as the ones by Putco. The Putco ones are twice the price. I will pay more if they are of better quality. I'm wondering if they are all from the same supplier, probably from China and the Putco ones cost more for the name. Does anybody know?

yes, they're same quality as far as i can tell. i had the putco one and returned it because it had "Putco" pressed into it on right side (wth were they thinking????)

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

IMO debadge the back, get an extra set of "DENALI" lettering, paint them black and put them on the chrome top piece

i already have another Denali emblem in the packagin. i wouldn't paint it black, it'll never hold up with the types of winters we have up here (road salt). but that would look good..

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i already have another Denali emblem in the packagin. i wouldn't paint it black, it'll never hold up with the types of winters we have up here (road salt). but that would look good..

Strip off the chrome then and dye the plastic (if it's not already black)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2 of what timjohnson said :D

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the complete debadge look

i know. i was looking yesterday and i might try it like that for a while. just afraid of the "style" clashing as i do not want to remove the Denali emblems on the side. i love these flat side moldings, if i had the oldr ones i would definately remove and replace them with these, but because i am not changing the wheels it would look to "stock" yet "modded" if you can grasp what i'm saying.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keeping the stock 'look' yet having it modded is what it's all about! :) My rear gate is shaved except for a billet bowtie on my appliqué but yet I haven't had a chance to debadge my doors yet. To me it doesn't look odd at all and I will still keep my molding even after the letters are gone. Anyway, I say that to say that keeping the letters on the doors doesn't mean that you can't shave the gate...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat