emblems/chrome on Denali LIFTGATE PLENTY OF PICS NEED OPINIONS PLEASE!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
First or last one! Last one preferably, the chrome Yukon lettering looks a bit off/out of place with all the chrome centered on the applique cover. Plus it makes it look like the GMC logo still belongs across from it on the right side.

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
I like the GMC logo on the chrome piece...but I think the lower chrome handle makes it look very cheesy and overdone. Too much chrome back there at that point. I say do the upper chrome with GMC logo and nothing else.

I agree! I am not a stick chrome guy either, but this looks factory.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Exactly! I am very picky about mods and like for everything to look factory, I think it looks good and still retains a factory look.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the GMC logo on the chrome piece...but I think the lower chrome handle makes it look very cheesy and overdone. Too much chrome back there at that point. I say do the upper chrome with GMC logo and nothing else.

+1 :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 AM ----------

thanks.. i am leaning towards that one or the one with the bottom as well and nothing else.. i just hate that the rear of this truck, even the SLE SLT was neglected? Chevy has the bowtie and the applique is beefy, thick, the escalade has the beautiful chrome one with the crest.. Yukon has that flat crap piece?

Oh yeah! the trailer hitch cover is ok, i just leave it off as i know it will either get parked up on by some a-hole or stolen by the guy who sells all of them on Ebay! lol

Ironically, I wish I had the Yukon appliqué instead of my tahoe one. I'd get the chrome upper with no lower piece and put the chevy logo on top. I like the flatness of it... I might buy one in the future.

HOE-N-IT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Like just the chrome cover above the license plate with the logo. I've been considering doing that to my Tahoe. Putco makes one with a cutout so I can use it with the factory bowtie. Just to further complicate your decisions, you may want to add a chrome license plate frame to the mix. I put them on (front also in VA) mine and it dresses it up over a bare plate.

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree--- so many choices..

i like the debadged look with only the upper chrome applique and the GMC LOGO on that -- looks great

its such a huge pain in the ass to detail the vehicle around the chrome lettering-- how do u people clean around the lettering..

anyone else having any discloroing issues on the "chrome on the running boards and on the doors--- it looks like water spots, but they do give off some color ( rust looking) when i try to use a detailing spray-- thats cant rust can it?

gracias yukon nation

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony -- I like the chrome above the plate! Like it a lot. I have a chrome piece for my Tahoe sitting in the garage. Haven't gotten around to putting it on yet, mainly because I think that I'll be removing the bowtie, and then sticking it on the chrome piece, so the whole process is going to be a little more involved. But, probably this spring I'll get to it.

As for the position of the "GMC," I can't tell that well from the pics, but I'd say that you should center the logo between the bottom of the piece and the first crease toward the top of the piece. In other words, I think you should center it according to the flat face of the piece, and not the entire piece. That's how I'd do it. Maybe you have it there now -- I just can't really tell from the pics. Need some daytime pics!

Oh -- One more thing regarding the rear of your truck: consider how some aftermarket tail lights will spruce up the rear of your truck. Yes, the Denali tails distinguish the truck from non-Denali Yukons, but I don't think they're the best looking lights out there. If you were to put some G4s on there, they'd spruce up the rear of your truck in a subtle way, I think.

OP
OP
Tonygxp

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony -- I like the chrome above the plate! Like it a lot. I have a chrome piece for my Tahoe sitting in the garage. Haven't gotten around to putting it on yet, mainly because I think that I'll be removing the bowtie, and then sticking it on the chrome piece, so the whole process is going to be a little more involved. But, probably this spring I'll get to it.

As for the position of the "GMC," I can't tell that well from the pics, but I'd say that you should center the logo between the bottom of the piece and the first crease toward the top of the piece. In other words, I think you should center it according to the flat face of the piece, and not the entire piece. That's how I'd do it. Maybe you have it there now -- I just can't really tell from the pics. Need some daytime pics!

Oh -- One more thing regarding the rear of your truck: consider how some aftermarket tail lights will spruce up the rear of your truck. Yes, the Denali tails distinguish the truck from non-Denali Yukons, but I don't think they're the best looking lights out there. If you were to put some G4s on there, they'd spruce up the rear of your truck in a subtle way, I think.

yah, i actually have it 2/3 down instead of in the middle of the flat area. reason is i had it in the middle first, took a few pics and realized it looked stupid that high. so the GMC logo will actually be on the low side of the middle if you know what i mean. funny, today had the 3 choices from the bottom of the first page on a 32inch flatscreen at my friend's shop and out of 4 people it was split between the gmc logo/chrom upper and the gmc logo/chrome upper and lower. none of them liked the idea of leaving the flex fuel or Yukon though. so i think it's down to those two!! getting better, started with about 10, now we're down to "2" lol...

as for cleaning/waxing in between the letters? i usually thoroughly address that maybe 2-3x a year with some Qtips over a microfiber or some combo that gets in there good. when it's done right it looks amazing, like when you first took delivery of it :hands:

rockyc82

Reaction score
IMO, I like the complete debadge look but if I was to choose one other it'd be the gmc in the center on the appliqué but no chrome appliqué. I'm just not big on stick on many stick on chrome but that's my two cents :)

Straight clean....That's the only way. I just don't like ad on chome stuff or any extra cling stuff for that matter.:imo:
Good luck. In the end though it is what makes the truck feel like "you" that matters. :peace:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rescurat