Engine replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XxBIGxTEXxX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So about 2 months ago i blew out the engine on my 99 hoe. Went to the junk yard and bought an old used engine. Come to find out, this engine was ****** up and water started to leak into the head gaskets. Lost about 2 grand. Now regret not getting a new engine like i originally have planned. Sometimes saving money ends up being worst than u think.
So the question is, should i rebuild the engine that i have now by putting flat pistons and all the good stuff to get more HP and Torque out of the engine for 2500 bucks or should i just get the HE383E engine for 4500 bucks? Now if i get the HE383E engine, do anyone know a good place in Houston that would correctly install the engine with out any problems and what other mods would i have to do or get for that engine so it can work just find?
Also with which ever option i end up with, i will get it Dyno tune!!!

OP
OP
X

XxBIGxTEXxX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you would say just upgraded and add a little goodies to it and make it a beast like a 383 or better?

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
If you have the money throw in the 383. Bowtiefreak has the 383 in his 97 2 door. He likes it.

Biggwaukegan

Banned
Reaction score
yep thats what I just did with mine. Fresh vortec 350 with a good cam and a few goodies. Seems to be working great but I only got 600 miles on the new beast

h0tr0d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol! Remanned 350's are only $1100 bucks in Houston dude....why even bother rebuilding one yourself at that price.