Escalade dies after driving a while and comes to a stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rnigel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A few months ago I drove my 03 Tahoe down to Tampa (about 500 miles). Cruised all day around 80 mph and 50 miles from my destination it suddenly started sputtering and died. I was able to coast to the side of the interstate. I put it in park and turned the key off, then tried to start it again and it fired right up. Drove to my destination and returned home with no further instances. I figure maybe a vapor lock? The check engine light does come on sometimes and shows an emission error. I replaced the gas cap and purge valve but haven't messed with the valve by the tank. Maybe that was the issue.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good video.

I'm still amazed this is a thing that happens haha.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
@escalade 3rd gen
1st. Spray carb cleaner around the intake manifold if the engine revs up you have an air leak.
2nd Check the air intake to make sure there is no leak after the mass air flow sensor. This can cause the symptoms you are experiencing.
3rd. Replace carbon canister and blow out the vent lines.

Keep us posted on the out come.

OP
OP
E

escalade 3rd gen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@escalade 3rd gen
1st. Spray carb cleaner around the intake manifold if the engine revs up you have an air leak.
2nd Check the air intake to make sure there is no leak after the mass air flow sensor. This can cause the symptoms you are experiencing.
3rd. Replace carbon canister and blow out the vent lines.

Keep us posted on the out come.
I'll try that if it goes dead again. It hasnt for a long while now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jakeha69