Escalade Makes Worst Made Cars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonygxp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only rating the escalade should score poorly in is depreciation. They are worth as much as a tahoe once you drive them off the lot, lol.

BS. Go price some out..

I just got the form for JD Power yesterday. It's ridiculous, i could check off any boxes i want if i got a bad deal, if i hated it and bought it for my wife, etc. It should be a telephone interview and handled by thos that know vehicles. I remember getting a call from Chevrolet when i bought a TBSS in '06 they went over everything with me, what i liked, disliked, etc. then the caller can weigh my responses with some idea of certainty that i wasn't an ******* that hates Chevy or have a BS gripe that screws these ratings up...

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
True to that. It sounds like they need much smarter people running these things.

It's kind of like some of our commissions here, like game and fish for example. The elected officials are appointed by choice of whoever is in charge...so even the most stupid people who are the least equipped for the job can be elected simply because they're good friends with the person in charge of appointing.

Escalades are still worth a lot more than a Tahoe/Yukon even after it leaves the lot.

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The real problem for the domestic brands is they used to rule this segment, but the competition has gotten stiff of late...when you compare a new Denali or Escalade to a Benz GL450 or an Audi Q7...well its not much competition at all.

When I spend 50-70k on a car the last thing on my mind is whether its american or not...I just want to get my money's worth and sadly the imports do most things better.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The real problem for the domestic brands is they used to rule this segment, but the competition has gotten stiff of late...when you compare a new Denali or Escalade to a Benz GL450 or an Audi Q7...well its not much competition at all.

When I spend 50-70k on a car the last thing on my mind is whether its american or not...I just want to get my money's worth and sadly the imports do most things better.

I knew someone who gave up a NBS Denali for a Q7 and they said the Q7 felt cheap to them...

OP
OP
L

LTZboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

THE-HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But they didn't mention the Lexus suv that just got labeled as "not safe" Toyota had to stop people from buying them just the other day, but the Escalade is worse???? BS

jcrack_corn

Reaction score
just to throw my 2 cents in as someone who changes cars like socks....

my last cars (in order oldest to current):

Silverado
BMW 750Li
Infiniti M45
Infiniti Qx56
Mercedes CLS63 AMG
Tahoe LTZ

The best vehicles, BY FAR, by MILES have been the 2 chevys and the 2 infinties.....i got a huge trade in on the silverado, and the M45 i bought for 50k and sold for 40k one year later (good deal imo).

I kept the qx56 because we love it, and next 2 vehicles will be:

1. new qx56
2. new tahoe or yukon/denali or escalade

I consider myself a car guy and the amount of features, functionality, build quality (the bimmer and merc you really had to baby) of the nissan and GM products has really impressed me.

I wont touch any ford product or european car again.

PoloGreenMachine

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ive owned/driven a ton of cars, from mercedes ML, CLK, to BMW 540, x5, etc.

Last edited:

Repo503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just to throw my 2 cents in as someone who changes cars like socks....

my last cars (in order oldest to current):

Silverado
BMW 750Li
Infiniti M45
Infiniti Qx56
Mercedes CLS63 AMG
Tahoe LTZ

The best vehicles, BY FAR, by MILES have been the 2 chevys and the 2 infinties.....i got a huge trade in on the silverado, and the M45 i bought for 50k and sold for 40k one year later (good deal imo).

I kept the qx56 because we love it, and next 2 vehicles will be:

1. new qx56
2. new tahoe or yukon/denali or escalade

I consider myself a car guy and the amount of features, functionality, build quality (the bimmer and merc you really had to baby) of the nissan and GM products has really impressed me.

I wont touch any ford product or european car again.

Have you seen the 2011 QX56? Interior is gorgeous but...I'll let the picture speak for itself

Attachments

• 2011_infiniti_qx56_1_cd_gallery.jpg
    2011_infiniti_qx56_1_cd_gallery.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou