Yet another reason to keep driving an older vehicle....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cali passed a right to repair law that goes into effect next month but the details are murky, it appears to be for electronics mostly and they have to provide parts and tool kits for 7 years
no telling what they might charge for said parts/kits, nore if there is a core charge or any other type of requirements
it's like yes we have the part available it's $700, while a whole new unit is $750 lol
so no telling how that's going to work out

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With all the issues we've heard of lately about GM's shortcomings on vehicles that cost as much as a starter home, it makes me happy to still own vehicles I can repair. Within a few years, those that want the brand new, shiny stuff may be at the mercy of the stealership for just about anything....... Yikes!!!

Below is a link to an interesting article about some 2024 models of a different brand.

"Security". The word often invoked by corporations to force consumers to use their service for maintenance or basic functionality. Although I love their products, this is the same excuse Apple uses to stop people from installing apps on iPhones that don't come from the Apple App Store. Hopefully, the Supreme Court will overturn this.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a cultural issue at hand here. We live in a world run by bankers. They buy up EVERYTHING because their currency is time. There's no need for them to be moral or even smart. They just need time. They've had many generations to accrue that wealth through usury. Now they can invent money and debt from nothing since we allowed them to create the federal reserve. They use this money (from nothing) to buy government, communities, schools, companies, media, essentially everything right from under our feet.

I got into politics a couple years ago and didn't like what I saw. People don't realize the underlying issues that influence our everyday world. We could flip the tide in a matter of months, if they did. However, they spend forever bickering with each other, even inside the party. Not productive whatsoever. While we let these bankers run everything and yet nobody really notices they exist to that extent. We're very akin to the frog in the frying pan.

I started picking apart the system and can see them buying up school curriculums, they are buying up houses (now we can rent if we're lucky), farm land, justice system, elections (any talk of cheating aside they can just buy election through marketing), etc. etc. etc. Here we see it with the cars...

I used to work in Aerospace industry. On some of the coolest project and biggest companies. However, there was ZERO creativity. They were wholly incapable of completing design projects to extent they have to outsource to smaller companies for most of the design work. Yet these companies are known for having developed some coolest designs in the world. Fastest jets, highest flying, heaviest lifting, building space capsules to go to moon, etc. Yet designing an cupholder is beyond them now. What I discovered was a vast majority if not all those designs were in their infancy when the founders were around, prior to becoming corporations / publicly traded.

They went public, essentially now owned by bankers, who's minds end at profit. They know nothing else, they sacrifice all for profit even if it's the demise of the company, their products, and their people. At best the people who own them don't know a thing about the product or customer base. If we are lucky they are there to scrape the profit and bleed the company dry of any creativity, innovation, or good merits. At worst which is more the norm now it's to spread diversity and inclusion... That is socially engineer, replace, and get rid of people who created this community we live in, including companies.

There's an interesting story about Henry Ford that's not well known. He built Ford motor company of course and did exceptionally well. He then started selling shares / went public. After this, he wanted to do profit sharing with his workers. The board said he had no authority to do so and kept the profits for themselves.

All the men of good moral character, the smart and enlightened men who were passionate about design, the hard working and capable builders. They're all gone, especially after several generations of being a public / corporation. They've been replaced by mindless bankers who's sole mission in life is profit at expense of all else which eventually leads to downfall.

Long story short, these companies we've come to know and love... They have no affinity for us anymore, nor do they care. They're not the people who made them. The people who created them would be sick to death if they only knew what the bankers did to their businesses.

Sorry for long post, but I've been trying to awaken people to this. Our political problems, issues in communities, much of them are linked by this same phenomenon. Bankers are buying up our modern world right from under our feet.

Corporate engineering is where creativity goes to die. I quit after 7 1/2 years. Now I fiddle with my truck haha Masters Degree all those years in aerospace and medical field. Now it all goes toward building an old broken down truck. I look at older trucks and they were better thought out than this new plastic fantastic stuff designed to fail after a few years so they can sell another.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captainmal425