Escalade pulls to the left - Replaced almost everything!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimxms

Reaction score
My new to me 07 Escalade wants to pull to the left. If I let go of the steering wheel, the wheel will turn left on its own about 20degrees. If I hold the wheel straight, the truck drives straight.

I've replaced:

Upper control arms
Shocks & Springs (they needed doing anyway)
Tie rod Ends
Sway bar Bushings.
New wheels (bought some new OEM wheels as the ones it came with were ugly)
New tyres

I had the car professionally aligned to spec on a Hunter 4 wheel machine and got everything 'in the green'. However it still pulls left.

What else could it be?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing not replaced is the lower control arms? Maybe bad balljoints or buggered bushings in the lower arm?
Since you did the uppers, I'm guessing the lowers looked fine...

Maybe try a different alignment shop.. ?

OP
OP
J

Jimxms

Reaction score
Post a pic of the alignment before and after printout.
Wil do, it’s going back to the alignment shop today so they can keep it all day and take it on multiple test drives.

One concern I have is that because this truck is new to me and the steering wheel looks immaculate, could someone have replaced the steering wheel at some point. Installed it a spline off and then had it aligned to try and compensate for that?

I was going to plug in my obd scanner to see if there is steering angle reading. If the wheel is installed wrong this should highlight it I think?

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny, I was going to joke that your clockspring is wound too tight, pulling on your steering wheel :p
(clockspring referring to the spiral wiring behind the steering wheel in case you hadn't heard the term before)
Which would mean your steering wheel being installed 360 degrees off..

If the steering ANGLE is off, apparently it's not enough to activate the traction control.. (traction control lights aren't blinking right?)

Scanner won't tell you if the steering WHEEL is off, only the steering ANGLE, which is a sensor around the steering shaft.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jimxms

Reaction score
Funny, I was going to joke that your clockspring is wound too tight, pulling on your steering wheel :p
(clockspring referring to the spiral wiring behind the steering wheel in case you hadn't heard the term before)
Which would mean your steering WHEEL being installed 360 degrees off.. (or 720?)

If the steering ANGLE is off, apparently it's not enough to activate the traction control.. (traction control lights aren't blinking right?)
I don't imagine steering angle being the cause.. but lots I don't know. Definately worth checking steering angle.

Haha yeah that would have to be wound pretty tight.

No TC lights on dash or any codes, so if it is off, it can’t be by much.

I’ll report back soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
makalaniman