Escalade Roof Rack and How to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your going all white everything needs to be all white

NautiKev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What years of Escalade racks will fit my 07 tahoe????? I'm dying to get one. thanks!

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sumo, looks great! Thanks for the thread, I will be doing the same to my black 2011 soon. Just got the esky rack from a TYF member (Pachanga02) and need to get it painted.

QUESTION for anyone that knows: Does the rubber gasket need to be removed from the chrome center portion before being painted? Can it? I pulled out one of the 4 plastic plug/ screw thingys; Not sure what you call them but they're a plug with ridges that keeps the gasket connected to the rail. It came out but its in rough shape so I stopped and wanted to find out before resuming.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Sumo, looks great! Thanks for the thread, I will be doing the same to my black 2011 soon. Just got the esky rack from a TYF member (Pachanga02) and need to get it painted.

QUESTION for anyone that knows: Does the rubber gasket need to be removed from the chrome center portion before being painted? Can it? I pulled out one of the 4 plastic plug/ screw thingys; Not sure what you call them but they're a plug with ridges that keeps the gasket connected to the rail. It came out but its in rough shape so I stopped and wanted to find out before resuming.

Np. When i painted mine i don recall removing them, but they should just peel right off.

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Np. When i painted mine i don recall removing them, but they should just peel right off.

Ok thanks. I'm going to check my local auto or hardware store and make sure they have some extra of those plastic pins and then go ahead and yank them out.

I might be over thinking it. Here's some pics on what I'm talking about if anyone else has some feedback:

The hole from underside of the rail and the plastic pin I removed
e4u6yqym.jpg

Peels back and is removed to expose the entire rail. I'm pretty sure I'm going to want to remove it before its painted...
byda4a9e.jpg

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update regarding my previous ^ post:

Found some replacements at Ace for the fasteners which attach the gasket to the bottom of the rail. They're called panel fasteners.
3esaby3u.jpg

Here's the old faster removed from the hole on the left. 4 per rail.
paqesata.jpg

Removed the gasket and dropped off the rails and end-caps at the painters. Hope to have it on next week!

Thanks again Sumo!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate