Excited new owner escalade owner questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stev0n

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys! Bear with me because I've had my 2007 Escalade for all of 4 days.

Reading through the stickies is a little overwhelming as the audio seems to be way more advanced than my corvette. A simple Axxess plug & play kit was all it took to put my Kenwood in the c5 and retain the bose, RAP, & everything else that was factory.

INFO: 2007 - NON-nav - no camera or screens anywhere. But there are two headphone jacks in the rear of the armrest & an AUX button.

Here are my questions:

1. How do the audio option in the back of the armrest work on my basic 6-disc changer radio & can they be integrated into an aftermarket carplay stereo and/or overhead dvd player very easily in the future?

2. This truck has a lifetime subscription to XM radio. Is there any way I can keep that when I put a carplay double din in?

3. Is there one wiring kit that will retain all my factory options like RAP, SWC, door chimes, etc. Like on my corvette? Or will I need multiple kits? I don't care about the OnStar in the rearview. Don't know how to use it & never will.

4. I don't have factory backup camera. On all my other vehicles I always use the cheap license plate frame cameras from ebay/amazon. But that looks too tack on a Cadillac IMO. What aftermarket cameras have you used? And did you mount them to appear factory?

I'm sure I'll have more questions. And I am already loving this forum. Thanks!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Stephen! Can you post your "U" and "Y" codes from the RPO sheet in your glovebox please? This will tell us what original options your Esky came with and allow the fellas here to assist better.

OP
OP
stev0n

stev0n

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome Stephen! Can you post your "U" and "Y" codes from the RPO sheet in your glovebox please? This will tell us what original options your Esky came with and allow the fellas here to assist better.

Thanks!

UD7
UE1
UG1
UIF
UJ6
UK3
UK6
UQS
U2K
U84

YE9
YQ3
Y91

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can get a aftermarket radio/nav such as a pioneer nex series that does dual zone, there are different adapters to use to retain xm, one will move the xm screen to the DIC a different one will retain it to the new radio, either way you can retain steering wheel controls, onstar, rap, the rear screen/s and/or a/v, etc. if your cd changer is a all in one in the main radio then you will not be able to retain that, if it is a separate non oem changer then (maybe) depending. cost is going to be anywhere from $800-1500.00 depending on how much of the parts you purchase yourself. the OEM bose audio is pretty decent it just lack's base, if your looking to upgrade from the bose audio it's going cost $$$$ as the cheap stuff just doesn't compare at all, but you could add a subwoofer pretty easily and that makes a lot of difference alone. you could add a oem looking rear camera without to much trouble and integrate into the new deck at the same time. a lot of the things you need can be found on ebay or amazon for less than what a stereo shop is going to charge you for it, I would radio shop first then once you have selected a specific radio go the maestro website (http://maestro.idatalink.com/) and on there page a is menu system to choose the radio and vehicle and it will give you a list of adapters needed

OP
OP
stev0n

stev0n

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you can get a aftermarket radio/nav such as a pioneer nex series that does dual zone, there are different adapters to use to retain xm, one will move the xm screen to the DIC a different one will retain it to the new radio, either way you can retain steering wheel controls, onstar, rap, the rear screen/s and/or a/v, etc. if your cd changer is a all in one in the main radio then you will not be able to retain that, if it is a separate non oem changer then (maybe) depending. cost is going to be anywhere from $800-1500.00 depending on how much of the parts you purchase yourself. the OEM bose audio is pretty decent it just lack's base, if your looking to upgrade from the bose audio it's going cost $$$$ as the cheap stuff just doesn't compare at all, but you could add a subwoofer pretty easily and that makes a lot of difference alone. you could add a oem looking rear camera without to much trouble and integrate into the new deck at the same time. a lot of the things you need can be found on ebay or amazon for less than what a stereo shop is going to charge you for it, I would radio shop first then once you have selected a specific radio go the maestro website (http://maestro.idatalink.com/) and on there page a is menu system to choose the radio and vehicle and it will give you a list of adapters needed

I'll probably put my spare kenwood ddx8702s in until the alpine ilx-107 drops in price some. I don't care about the in dash cd changer as I keep everything on my phone music-wise.

So I will be able to keep the XM lifetime subscription? I don't know who it's registered to. Maybe the original owner? I just want to keep it because it's free.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll probably put my spare kenwood ddx8702s in until the alpine ilx-107 drops in price some. I don't care about the in dash cd changer as I keep everything on my phone music-wise.

So I will be able to keep the XM lifetime subscription? I don't know who it's registered to. Maybe the original owner? I just want to keep it because it's free.
yes, unless for some reason your receiver is built into the radio, I would go to the website I linked above and input your kenwood radio and vehicle and see what options it gives you

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt know XM had lifetime subscriptions. When you add kenwood unit, you will need to buy xm adapter and i think you will have to call to set it up on new device, hopefully it works automatically.

I didnt even know Escalades came without features. I thought they were fully loaded.

Welcome to the forum

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didnt know XM had lifetime subscriptions. When you add kenwood unit, you will need to buy xm adapter and i think you will have to call to set it up on new device, hopefully it works automatically.

I didnt even know Escalades came without features. I thought they were fully loaded.

Welcome to the forum
there are adapters that will let you keep the factory xm/Sirius unit, xm never had lifetime but Sirius did/does depending on the receiver and/or if it was transferred to the vehicle receiver by the previous owner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staceyw9172

Latest posts