Exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2002DENALI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to change the current stock setup

pros cons of headers? how to get rid of cats w/o engine light,

so far all i have put together is true dual flowmaster 40s

are the headers worth doing? worth the time and effort over performance

what do you guys reccomend, not looking to go hog wild with the setup but i wanna do it once and do it properly

06StormTrooper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If by true dual you mean that you dont have a "X" or "H" pipe you need to! with fuel inj. you need to have one of those. you will actually be missing out on pwr. The best way is to go with long tube headers...free up more torque than short but, any header is better than a stock manifold! then run a high flow cat. i run flowmasters, then your "X" or "H" pipe as close to your cats as possible. This will help get you the true duel sound. also where you have your mufflers will change the sound. the farther back the the better the performace... but the further fwd will give you a deeper sound. as far as "is it worth doing the headers"...yes! if you got the money and time you might see a 10-15% increase in low end torque. and for the engine light trick...you will have to weld a 1.5-2'' pipe sticking off you exhaust pipe at a 90 to install your probe but this is always a try it and see thing the size and length of this dummy tube is differant for each set up. I would just get the high flow cats! have fun if you cant tell this is my fav. upgrade! take some vids and post them so we can hear it!

Last edited:

06StormTrooper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Im running now just a single 3" cat back on mine but have had lots of " full " exhausts in the past. I don't really see much difference in performance with running duel 2" over the single 3"...unless you super charged it

OP
OP

2002DENALI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
now that we have that settled what do you guys suggest for headers? i know with my acura i had to stay away from a few brands so is it the same story here?

theinfamoushog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i was wanting to replace the stock muffler. anyone have any suggestions and what size inlet do i need? can i bolt it on and not weld? any help would be much appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925