Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left some comments in another thread. I actually ordered 22 expedition timberline instead of Chevy Tahoe Z71. Other than the V8 engine, expy seems to be a better kids friendly/family car and it costs less. (At least in my area where all GM dealers have markups)
I think the cost of the Expedition (or Ford in general) is a bit more transparent due to more dealers being present on the Ford forums.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford dealers might be more transparent on the expedition price but their really sticking it to big Bronco customers. I would consider an expedition if something bad happened to my Yukon.

OP
OP
S

SerialNo1

Reaction score
I left some comments in another thread. I actually ordered 22 expedition timberline instead of Chevy Tahoe Z71. Other than the V8 engine, expy seems to be a better kids friendly/family car and it costs less. (At least in my area where all GM dealers have markups)
I haven't been able to see a new 22 Expedition but I can't believe it would be that much different to a 21. I really wish they gave the option of a v8 but maybe in the future they will give more options.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I test drove an Expedition a few years ago and my biggest takeaway was that the seat bottoms were too short and it felt like I couldn't get back into the seat far enough. The seats were designed for people with short limbs. Have they changed the seats in a major way since then?

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like the 22 model is all new, it has a huge touch screen

Wwes

Reaction score

Agreed - I almost traded my previous Yukon Denali for an Expedition.
The expedition is a couple inches longer than the GM short SUVs (previous generation), and it makes a good bit of difference interior wise.
Couldn't get past the sound of the 3.5L V6 though. It certainly felt plenty peppy enough.

YhEnThAlPy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't been able to see a new 22 Expedition but I can't believe it would be that much different to a 21. I really wish they gave the option of a v8 but maybe in the future they will give more options.
The interior got a refreshed which is much better comparing the old one. I am sure I will miss V8 but it's a family car so I had to consider other factors.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, though? Looks comparatively dull.
Looks can be subjective. I think the 2022 Expedition looks better than pre-2022 Expeditions.

Functionally, I think a strong argument could be made that an Expedition Limited Max with the Stealth Performance Package has better features than a GMC Yukon Denali XL:
- More comfortable seats
- Power adjustable pedals
- Better towing capabilities due to:
- 3.73 rear end

From an actual market price perspective, they are nearly equal. The MSRP of the Ford Expedition Limited Max with the Stealth Performance Package has a higher MSRP, but Granger Ford sells it for 3% under invoice. You'll probably wait 3-5 months for it. If you order a GMC Yukon Denali XL from Robideaux Motors, it's $300 above invoice but you could be waiting 9-12 months for it.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like one dealership just posted a video of a 2022 Ford Expedition they received:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby