Exterior mods - any ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
I have my 03 Tahoe LT and am looking for some ideas to make it a little more unique... So many people have Tahoes around here that I just want mine to look different, in a good way, with out going over board.

Here's what I have done:
Completely debadged
Slightly lowered (hoping to go lower soon)
HID hi/lo/fog/drl/parking/reverse lights
Tinted windows
Roll Pan

grille and vent covers being done this week
color matched bumper next week
Removing roof rack next week
22s or 24s coming soon

Any ideas on what else I can do? I was considering possibly shaving the tailgate but i noticed there is a crease by the handle so it might be a little difficult. rear wiper is def coming off though

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may want to post this in the 00-06 section for a better response. But yeah GM made a horrible looking rear wiper for the NBS trucks. Although I wouldn't remove it it really helps a lot on rainy days.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pjtoy2

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
I thought this was the 00-06 section... and I cant see out of my rear window anyways so it doesnt bother me.

SOCWhiteOut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have u demolded it? and i wouldnt shave anything really cuz once u shave a handle door popper become a b*tch and trust me it may look better but it wont behave... but yea if u cant see out ur back window i would remove the wiper cuz i have a big company sticker on the back of mine and its a waste of money to have a wiper when i have to replace it so often becasue of the sticker wearing it down

OP
OP
pjtoy2

pjtoy2

Banned
Reaction score
Have u demolded it? and i wouldnt shave anything really cuz once u shave a handle door popper become a b*tch and trust me it may look better but it wont behave... but yea if u cant see out ur back window i would remove the wiper cuz i have a big company sticker on the back of mine and its a waste of money to have a wiper when i have to replace it so often becasue of the sticker wearing it down

I did demold everything already...

I've had shaved door handles before and I know its a pain but I was also considering just remounting the handle on the inside of the truck. One reason I want to shave the handle is because I have a decent system and the handle got real loose and shakes all the time. Plus I figure it might help a little from someone trying to steal my stuff, even though they can always break the window...

And yea my back window has double limo over stock tint so the wiper is pointless. I just dont want people to be able to see what i have back there

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Well for starters you probably should respond to this thread: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33124

Mod wise you have most of the major ones covered it seems ... maybe some performance related stuff?

Thanks for pointing out the thread, I had PMd him about the issue but was unaware of the thread..

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
Get an SS bumper cover and paint that instead of painting the stock bumper. Also consider getting an HD hood as well and depending on the wheels you get you may want to paint the calipers if they are visible.

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
Here is JKmotorsports Tahoe with ss cover and HD hood which is basically a wet dream for tahoes: picture.jpg

The street scene cover is around $300 I believe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter52g

Latest posts