Extra battery or Replace Battery (need help)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep you can get away with it for a few years... especially when it is driven daily and not played key off a lot. With matched (same month/year, same voltage) type 26 Interstate Megatron Plus right next to each other I got 3 years. 3 years though is a big difference to my usual 6-8 years on a wet battery.

I'd still rather have them isolated with the key off, because they will float each other and try to equalize... which will drain them. Storage time is thus reduced.

You bring up an interesting point though. Perhaps this is one case where two IDENTICAL AGM might outperform a pair of wets. I certainly would never suggest non identical batts be connected in parallel sans any isolation.

Sam Hamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dont know how many times my dad has tried explaining gain and effeciency and so on...its hard to comprehend but i kind of get it now.

i need the big 3 asap and to get that fusable link out between the alternator and battery. im also going to go with a 220 amp iraqqi alt i think and a pretty nice battery.

im running 1 alk(or however you spell it) all the way to the back with 00 gauge grounds. im running the hcca ppi 1500.1 to the 4 15s and a 600.6 to the seperates.

do you think these few mods im thinking of doing will help with the voltage drop on the dash?

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

and to the op my dads shop just built a 04 escalade with 2 12 w7s the 1000.1 amp and the 300.2 on a all stock electrical system. once the battery was completley charged the meter on the dash barely moved and the lights never dimmed(i dk if this is because it was hids) but i can see if i can get some info for you on soem stuff they did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo