Extremely spongy brakes after gmt900 upgrade...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I did new rotors, calipers, pads, & lines front & rear with the gmt900 upgrade up front.

Bled everything twice...pr, dr, pf, df...first time the old fashioned way & the 2nd time with my motive bleeder.

With the truck off the pedal gets very firm after 2 pumps...when driving it nearly goes to the floor before it stops. I never let the fluid get below low, nothing is leaking, calipers are working...not sure where to look.

Everything was fine before...no abs warning lights...no air coming out after the initial bleeding. I'm thinking there is air in the abs pump.

I'm going to bleed it one more time but almost seems like I may need to take it to the dealer for a tech2 bleed. Besides the 'going to a gravel road" to cycle the abs pump is there an easy way to get it to cycle?

Ideas?

Cameron

Last edited:
OP
OP
Physh1

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eh...after a little problem solving I'm pretty sure I need to get my hands on a TechII to cycle my abs...oh well...

Cameron

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to say gravel road lol. may be in the ABS pump from the brake bleeder forcing air through the system.

Mechahead

Reaction score
Yeah, you will need to cycle the ABS to finish the bleed procedure and get a good pedal. The gravel road trick will help, but the only way to be sure is with a scan tool. It doesn't HAVE to be a tech II, just a bi-directional tool with ABS capability. You should be able to talk a local garage with a snap on or equal scanner to do it. I know both my Modis and MaxiSys units can do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968