Factory tow hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
viven44

viven44

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
shouldn't have to do all that, the tow button is integrated into the shifter arm and just snakes down under the column and then down to the bcm. if the wire is broke right at the shifter arm too short to repair then just get a new shifter arm. typically the wire breaks right wear it pivots from the shifter being moved up/down
just remove the plastic cover around the steering column and you have access to it right there.
View attachment 438943
Great to know. Thanks for the picture!

Last edited:

Matt97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Added a factory tow hitch on my recently acquired low mileage 2002 Yukon. It had the harness tucked underneath with a factory installed plug.

The tow / haul button on the column shifter didn’t do anything when I checked it a couple days ago but hopefully it does now… (if it doesn’t I saw somewhere here it was a common problem from a wire getting chewed up in the column)

What is the factory manual torque spec for the 6 grade 10 metric bolts for the tow hitch ?

PS: I picked up 2 tow hitch receivers on marketplace last evening, thankfully one of them (off another Yukon) bolted up. The one off the Yukon XL didn’t and it required one of the bolt locations to be modified slightly so I’m glad I picked up 2 of them.

View attachment 438377
Tighten the bolts to 125 NM- (92 lb ft)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbers03