Favorite LED Tail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
l.downen

l.downen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tacky. All of them. Especially the ones with all the chrome. Reminds me of a Prius. I suggest one of these. Also none of these will get you pulled over. I have #3 on my '05 Hoe for over a year and have had no complaints. Took about 5 minutes to install. I'd be happy to post a picture if its helpful to you.

tails3e.jpg

tails2.jpg

tails1.jpg

-B

Check my pics, I had #2. exact same. #3 is the smoked version of them. #3 is definately not bad, but I was trying to a darker one with little red in it b/c I'm not going to touch them with nightshade this time. after cops & everyting; not worth it. But I might go with #3 if I can't find some un-ricey ones

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All for Number 3 on boomers list. Thats what i have and love them.. Really good looking and slightly smoked look

OP
OP
l.downen

l.downen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x4324234232... and if you make em darker :)

IMG_23031.jpg

Your's look amazing and mine looked like that except they were matte. I was going to clear/polish them but never got chance. Do your tails stay lit just while driving? (not tapping brake, just crusin down the road) b/c mine didn't. They were the non-smoked version of the ones everybody likes

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your's look amazing and mine looked like that except they were matte. I was going to clear/polish them but never got chance. Do your tails stay lit just while driving? (not tapping brake, just crusin down the road) b/c mine didn't. They were the non-smoked version of the ones everybody likes

Mine arent cleared or polished. Thats the tails straight out of the box, then VHT nite shaded'd 10 minutes later. No wet sanding or anything. If i turn my headlights or running lights on while driving yes they are on, then they get brighter when i press on the brake.

Usually if you smoke your stock tails, they are faded from over the years then they need to be cleared and polished.

I've had them turn out perfect if I buy aftermarket ones and smoke them right away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
l.downen

l.downen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine arent cleared or polished. Thats the tails straight out of the box, then VHT nite shaded'd 10 minutes later. No wet sanding or anything. If i turn my headlights or running lights on while driving yes they are on, then they get brighter when i press on the brake.

Usually if you smoke your stock tails, they are faded from over the years then they need to be cleared and polished.

I've had them turn out perfect if I buy aftermarket ones and smoke them right away.

Yeah, I waited 3-4 weeks to smoke my aftermarket so matte. Did your tails cause your blinker to blink alot faster than stock? Cause if not, I'm thinking I have some electrical prob. Because I didn't have my tails lit while driving, just when I tapped brakes. And they're the ones from x3racing, so I'm sure they have the capability to be lit while driving

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I waited 3-4 weeks to smoke my aftermarket so matte. Did your tails cause your blinker to blink alot faster than stock? Cause if not, I'm thinking I have some electrical prob. Because I didn't have my tails lit while driving, just when I tapped brakes. And they're the ones from x3racing, so I'm sure they have the capability to be lit while driving

You sure you got them hooked up right? At first i plugged the top plug into the wrong slot on the tail light at first, then i tryed to set my alarm and it said fail. So i got them hooked up correctly and all was good.

OP
OP
l.downen

l.downen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure you got them hooked up right? At first i plugged the top plug into the wrong slot on the tail light at first, then i tryed to set my alarm and it said fail. So i got them hooked up correctly and all was good.

pretty sure. My blinkers, brake lights, and reverse all work. There's just no light while driving and my blinkers are really fast. I might try hooking them up again tomorrow if I have time before work..

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
pretty sure. My blinkers, brake lights, and reverse all work. There's just no light while driving and my blinkers are really fast. I might try hooking them up again tomorrow if I have time before work..

Mmmm. I'm gonna go ahead and say you have something hooked up wrong. These aftermarket tails are made to go in vehicles that do not have factory LED lights and the resistance issue has been taken into account. You shouldn't have a fast blink if you installed them properly and there are no other issues. Do you have LED BULBS installed up front in your turn signals or something?

Also, the socket placing in these tails is not what you would think. You need to really follow the instructions even if the instructions don't make sense. I had your problem but only on one side when I first installed mine. My problem: I had them hooked up wrong.

-B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo