Favorite LED Tail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#4 on original list, or #2 on Boomers list.

Boomer, let's see some pics (and prices).

OP
OP
l.downen

l.downen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mmmm. I'm gonna go ahead and say you have something hooked up wrong. These aftermarket tails are made to go in vehicles that do not have factory LED lights and the resistance issue has been taken into account. You shouldn't have a fast blink if you installed them properly and there are no other issues. Do you have LED BULBS installed up front in your turn signals or something?

Also, the socket placing in these tails is not what you would think. You need to really follow the instructions even if the instructions don't make sense. I had your problem but only on one side when I first installed mine. My problem: I had them hooked up wrong.

-B

I just installed clear projector headlights & corners, but both use halogen bulbs (for now). And the tails acted the same when I had stock headlight housings.

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe try swapping the plug thats in the signal spot for the brake light spot and see if that helps. Which part of the light lights up when you brake? It should be the top part not the middle.

OP
OP
l.downen

l.downen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe try swapping the plug thats in the signal spot for the brake light spot and see if that helps. Which part of the light lights up when you brake? It should be the top part not the middle.

Wow... yep, my brake is the middle one. Im about switch and see what that does..

OP
OP
l.downen

l.downen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, got then hooked up right...and they work! Now just got get them to a shine and decide if I want to put them on truck or sell them. I kinda wanna put them back on even with the cops harrasin; but I don't think parents are big fans of that choice.. Any tips on how to get them to a shine after they've been nightshaded and cleared fr about 5-6 days?

Last edited:

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, got then hooked up right...and they work! Now just got get them to a shine and decide if I want to put them on truck or sell them. I kinda wanna put them back on even with the cops harrasin; but I don't think parents are big fans of that choice.. Any tips on how to get them to a shine after they've been nightshaded and cleared fr about 5-6 days?

Haha good deal. I would have had it wrong too if it werent for my alarm telling me it failed to light up the tails when i arm it. Ill let someone else chime in on how to get them more glossy, im not the best at wetsanding and polishing

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Ill let someone else chime in on how to get them more glossy, im not the best at wetsanding and polishing

Nightshade is essentially a paint. You have a couple options. You could try an automotive paint polish and see if they will polish up. You don't want anything with an aggressive cutting agent in it. My fear would be that if you want the nightshade to stay on, that the polish will remove it an may do so in some areas and not in others (i.e. on the high spots, but not on the low spots).

The other option is to clear coat over the nightshade. I couple of light coats of clear should shine them right up.

-B

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought #3. Gonna do those and the swiss cheese mod at the same time. Post up when done.

\Thanks for the quality vouch Boomer!!!

YUKON DENALI 06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just installed these, L.E.D.'s are super bright!

ANZO LED TAIL LIGHTS, CHROME, SET OF 2 -- SAE and DOT compliant to FMVSS-108; Features OEM style weather-tight connections and wire harnesses; Computer designed to add safety and stylish appearance to the vehicle's exterior; Tested in simulated rain, humidity and shock to ensure quality; These tail lights offer superior brightness, use less power and emit almost no heat; Resistant to vibration and shock; Easy plug and play installation.

Attachments

• HPIM2369.jpg
    HPIM2369.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 23
  • HPIM2371.jpg
    HPIM2371.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 19

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo