Fender Flares... Are they necessary???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arveetek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As to the original question, are they necessary?

It depends on the wheel and tire combo. On my 2-door, when I swapped to aftermarket wheels with less backspacing, the tires stuck out a bit more and caused rain and mud to sling up onto the windshield. Installing OEM style flares solved that issue.

Plus, I think they look pretty cool! :D

Casey

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the fender flare look on the 2 doors. I'm a big fan of the sport editions, too bad I don't have one.

Hey Casey, a little off topic, but what brand is your brush guard? I really like the looks of it, and I see you still have your tow hooks too. Does it not mount to the frame?

Thread jack over. sorry

arveetek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Casey, a little off topic, but what brand is your brush guard? I really like the looks of it, and I see you still have your tow hooks too. Does it not mount to the frame?

It's a Westin brand. No, it only mounts to the bumper. I was a little disappointed that it did not attach to the frame too. However, I smacked a deer head on a few weeks ago, and the guard didn't budge or tweak the bumper. It is still sitting straight up and down. The lower bar that the optional lights mount to got slightly bent, but otherwise it did its job and protected the front end of my Tahoe. I was very pleased that I was able to drive on home with no damage!

The mounts are located right over the stock frame mounts, so even though it just mounts to the bumper, it is still a very strong mounting system.

Casey

DefendHawaii

Snake Eater
Reaction score
Alright guys so dude sold the xenons already FML. Oh well I really wanted the bushwacker cut out style anyways. I had Iceland Offroads that looked similar on my Jeep. I hate tossing 500.00 for some flares though.