Finally got my Esky cluster....but need opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NJ04HOE

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to look good. If you dont mind, where you get it from?

Ebay, the sellers name is Digital Dash Solutions

Oh by the way guys, I spoke with them today and they sent out the correct cluster today and I just have to send them the wrong one back then send mine in for the core refund ($200)

Thanks for the opinions

VT19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i like the first one better, it looks cleaner, smoother and i like the shift selector

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
Very nice previs can't wait to see this cluster installed. this is probably my next mod, i need to look at something nice other then the old plain gauges of ours.

OP
OP
NJ04HOE

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice previs can't wait to see this cluster installed. this is probably my next mod, i need to look at something nice other then the old plain gauges of ours.

Thanks, here's a phone pic I took last night after I put it in....

newcluster.jpg

vyper202

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How hard was the install??? Any issues or special tools needed?

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
so NJ04HOE you only came off of pocket 100 dollars right since you turned in your old one for 200 correct? also how did they go by putting in the right information on your cluster did you have to do yourself via the internet/computer ? im curious on how this works

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Junior, any speedo shop can do it for you. I had mine done on my Tahoe for around $45 at a local speedo shop. Be prepared to take in your old cluster if you go this route, they will need to plug yours in to verify the DIC info and transfer it to the new cluster otherwise you'll get into a heep of shit if you were to try and sell it. Info has to match what the computer will read..

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks really good. how does it look in contrast to the interior? i thought about doing a ss cluster, had the chance, but the white just seemed to much. never put it in though..

loooks realy good

OP
OP
NJ04HOE

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How hard was the install??? Any issues or special tools needed?

Install was very easy. You just have to take off the dash bezel, lower the steering wheel, apply the parking brake, put the truck in gear 1 to lower the shifter out of your way and then take out the four bolts (8mm I think) and unplug the one harness on the back.

so NJ04HOE you only came off of pocket 100 dollars right since you turned in your old one for 200 correct? also how did they go by putting in the right information on your cluster did you have to do yourself via the internet/computer ? im curious on how this works

Actually I came out of pocket with $300, the total was $500 but you get $200 back once they receive your cluster. They have you fill out an odometer statement with your mileage, vin # and engine hours fax it to them and they put the info in the new cluster. It took about 6 days total because of the mix up so I called them back with my new accurate info and by the time the 2nd cluster got to me my mileage was only off by about 50 miles and they advised me that it wasn't enough to cause a problem in the future if I sold the truck or something like that.

looks really good. how does it look in contrast to the interior? i thought about doing a ss cluster, had the chance, but the white just seemed to much. never put it in though..

loooks realy good

Thanks, I actually like the contrast. It's not like a bright bleach white it seems more like a light silver to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motorgeek