First time I clayed anything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
They probably didn't......when are you gonna slam the Kon on 24s Tast?

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They probably didn't......when are you gonna slam the Kon on 24s Tast?

I want 24z but I really don't want to drop it, I like the stock height with the rims. Maybe sometime next year, I'm going to probably pay it off when I get my tax return, tired of having a pymt and I need to pay some bills down.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Good financial plans, I say alteast do the rear because when you do 24s the back will sit weird if not.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good financial plans, I say alteast do the rear because when you do 24s the back will sit weird if not.

yea I wanted to try to get a house by the end of the year, but I'm deciding on paying stuff off before I do that, that way I can pay extra on the house to pay it off faster.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
I used a clay bar once, it worked awesome the first time but after that I never got the same result as I did the first time i used it.

The car polish to get is Zymbol. Its the only wax/polish that is allowed in the Mercedes Benz dealerships. That stuff is a liquid polish, super easy to remove, and the end result is awesome.

07tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use Wizards products. They work great. Haven't been able to compare them to any of the brands like poorboys, but they do an awesome job and smell great.

AkursedX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Claybaring is the single most important step in getting a top-quality shine. It picks up all the residue that can't be washed off, but would get picked up by a polishing pad and potentially causing more scratches.

A quick tip for claying. I know post brands of claybar has some kind of fluid that they give you to spray on the surface before claying. When that stuff runs out, just add a bit of dawn in the bottle with water and you magically have more claying fluid.

I just got done claying, polishing, and waxing my Tahoe. It had 120k miles of crap built up on it and pretty much turned my clay black. It was terrible. I just did a quick single stage polish with some Meguiers polish I had lying around and then sealed it with some Meguiers gold class wax. These aren't the normal products I use, but it came out decent. The body has a ton of deep scratches and paint chips that it wasn't worth it to do a high end 2-stage polish. I normall use zymol products for that.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It definitely helps to use a good orbital buffer after the clay....looking at getting my porter cable HD soon :head3:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landxx