Fitting 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chizzychase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 04 2wd yukon and recently traded a guy tires and now im running a set of 35.1250 on the stock 17 inch rims. For lifting all I have is a 2.5 leveling kit. I have been considering a 3 inch body lift along with 3 inch spindles and some coil spacers for the back to try and get some more clearance for the tires. What are some thoughts and opinions?

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yeah it can be done with lift keys and spindles. A guy on here did it for his wife's hoe. Its 2wd on 35s with a rear 6" box lift kit. Made it sit dead level with the front end.

OP
OP
Chizzychase

Chizzychase

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the 35's on the truck it rubs in the front which was to be expected but it is suuuuuper close in the rear. I had to put 1/4 inch spacers to keep the tires from rubbing the shock dust cover. Hopefully a couple inches in the rear will help me with that situation.

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
You will want a 6" kit in the rear! Other wise you will have some major sagging issues. I am the guy who did this for my wife.

Last edited:

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
go with a 6" lift. this way when you rub the day after you install a mickey mouse set up you will not have waisted money.. you want some articulation in the suspension so that in a banked turn or turning on a hill you do not bind up. Their is nothing worse than a truck that rubs and bunds when you need to steer.

carduke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4" lift is ok but will give a stuffed look. A 6" lift is better to have good suspension flex.

Jonah

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 02 yukon 6 inch lift all suspension. I run 35/12.50/20. Under normal driving conditions it's fine no rubbing. But while offroading it does rub under lots of articulation and steering input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy