Flex Pipe to Cutout conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only thing I see about it is you're only bypassing the muffler. will sound much louder but with all the stock stuff ahead of it. you won't pick up a lot of hp

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compared to a properly designed cat-back exhaust system, cut-outs are not worth much power anymore.
I could be wrong if the engine is very unusual compared to OE.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Why would you get rid of the part that preserves your exhaust from engine movement?
I’ve never had a flex pipe on not one of my trucks and never had no issue? Everything I get I do full exhaust too I’m talking 1 78” Longtubes no cats x pipe 3” exhaust all the way back

buckwild27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with there's no real benefit to it if you're running cats. To be honest they just make noise if you have cats and don't really go full on race mode. Old school big block built right using cutouts off the header collector for weekends at the strip sure. Modern setup with emissions you're just pissing off the neighborhood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Farmer