fluid changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2004tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
anyone have write ups on fluid changes....or at least point me in the direction of what fluids to use.....should i go all synthetic?

i want to do the diff's and tranny and t-case!!!

sampsonr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
fully synthetic is always the #1 choice.. but remember, once you go synthetic you need to stay synthetic, no going back to regular oils... i honestly am not sure why but a lot of mechanics have told me this.. if you have 112k on it and havn't changed the diff fluids yet, i would definitly suggest going to synthetic

jomulk56

Resident Lurker
Reaction score
If I had the money my truck would have synthetic in everything you mentioned.

Edit Forgot to mention sometimes synthetic can cause leaks. It magically finds its way around gaskets since it flows so well basically. So if you do change fluid and it starts to leak check all the gaskets, but you might have to switch back to standard oil or 1/2 & 1/2

Last edited:

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a myth guys. in older cars it may hold true. but not these days. i have gone back and forth on all my vehicles especially when i was younger and broker. including my tahoe. i now use amsoil in the motor and everything is still perfect. switching to amsoil in both diffs and tcase this winter. if you search there are a few threads that discuss this topic.

ChazMan

Reaction score
+1
I switched back and forth between dyno and synth and 12/ & 1/2, and never had any problem for 95K miles. Myth is a myth not the truth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevy100