Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loccyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
has anyone ever used any aftermarket foglights in the place of the stock ones?
my driver side lense somehow disapeared and i was thinking of just putting new ones in both because the stock fogs suck donkey ****. just wondering if anyone has done this themselves and has pics or anything

OP
OP
L

loccyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
damn thats a sick thread and retro
sadly i have an SLT and not a Denali tho. i thot about doing the denali bumper cover but decided against it bcuz of all the associated costs to fit and paint it. the denali front end is 100% better than all the rest except maybe z71 tho

WoldD90

Off Road Addict
Reaction score
My truck is missing the drivers lens too. You could probably adapt a set of cheap rectangular fog lights into the slot. I need to do something like this too.

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
Lol, when I got my truck it was missing the entire driver side fog light. Replaced it with a new one and now that's missing its lens too. And the other one is halfway filled with water to top it off

TheYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to be retroing in a set of rectangular hellas this weekend. I will get some pics up when Its done.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, when I got my truck it was missing the entire driver side fog light. Replaced it with a new one and now that's missing its lens too. And the other one is halfway filled with water to top it off

Drill a little 3/8" inch hole in the bottom of the light and it will solve your water intrusion issues, as the water can now drain.

I got introduced to this idea by CHIP, another TYF member and it has solved the issue. No more water or condensation inside the fog light.

OP
OP
L

loccyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am going to be retroing in a set of rectangular hellas this weekend. I will get some pics up when Its done.

nice i bet those will look good, i saw a burban with some walmart tiny blue rectangular ones that where way to small for the opening and it looked kinda crappy just cuz of the huges gaps around it

i just got my billet grille today so thatll be goin tonite:pimp:

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

i have stock hella foglights from a 2001 bmw M5 i had, and thot about fitting them in on the kon somehow but theyre oval shaped so idk how that would really look

good fogs tho so i might try smtn

TheYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice i bet those will look good, i saw a burban with some walmart tiny blue rectangular ones that where way to small for the opening and it looked kinda crappy just cuz of the huges gaps around it

i just got my billet grille today so thatll be goin tonite:pimp:

---------- Post added at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

i have stock hella foglights from a 2001 bmw M5 i had, and thot about fitting them in on the kon somehow but theyre oval shaped so idk how that would really look

good fogs tho so i might try smtn

Thats exactly what I am using. I've got a set hella projector fogs out of a 2000 M3. I am putting 3000k HID's in them. Its gonna be interesting getting them to fit in there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbow555