Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
View attachment 57147 This is the headlight pretty much finished just gotta clean up the lens on the outside & drill a hole to pull the cord threw for the projector high beam & then they'll go on on. As you saw in the last one I'm out here in alsaka lol I myself I'm from Boston MA though I'm in the army so this is my duty station lol. Not bad here though not much colder than home & less snow
Is that projector a kit ? I like that look:waytogo:

Isaiah Thompson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is that projector a kit ? I like that look:waytogo:

It's kind of a kit I guess lol. It's a Denali retro fit. The projector has a little arm that blocks a small portion of the headlight so when you hit your highs you have instant more light while your waiting for your hids to warm up. That piece is what you could call a kit. It's made for a Denali headlight though & we are basically taking it &I putting it in the depo projector headlights for the Tahoe. Also have it wired up so all my lights stay on with the highs. Lows,highs,fogs & running lights. It's dark here in Alaska & I'm not about to put a big light bar on my roof or bumper lol.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
November 12 2015

Thanks for the votes on October TOTM. Really appreciate your interest in my truck. Been a fun project.

So I decided to drop the Tahoe down a little more last week as I wanted to tighten up the fender gap and have her sit closer to the 24s. I took the Tahoe back to the shop that originally installed the 3/5 drop and let them loose on the suspension to do the following:

1. Free travel mod

2. Remove rear coil spacer

3. Install new red bump stops on the axle pad

4. Crank down on the keys

5. Alignment

After everything was completed, I went to pick up the truck, but noticed that she was sitting a bit ass heavy as soon as I drove up. I pulled the tape measure out and sure enough, with the bags aired out, she was up in the front by about 1 - 1.5 inches. We measured ground to fender lip, discussed the bags and climbed under to check the keys again. Plenty of room to get another 1-2 turns to bring her down in the front, air out the bags and close up that fender gap.

The tech did not realize that the bags were aired out and had not turned the keys down far enough. Out of time for the day and no appointments until the following week, I drove her home, aired up the bags and leveled her out at 34 inches. Not low enough.

I took her back today to have the the tech turn down the keys about 1 1/4 turns, air out the bags and put her back on the rack to be aligned. (They did not charge me for labor or the second alignment since they did not address the keys enough the first visit). That's taking care of your repeat customer. Thanks to California Custom Sport Trucks for your work.

The front is now sitting about 32.75 inches and the rear about 33 inches. The fender gap is minimal and I am super stoked with how she is sitting now. Gotten quite a few compliments. The truck hugs the road a lot better and without that big sway and dive like the OEM set up used to be.

Thanks to Tony @NORCAL SS for answering a lot of questions and hooking me with suspension kit and TBSS wheels. Hope you guys like the stance and outcome.

Here's a look at the setup after the free travel mod and with the new bump stops installed on the axle pads.

IMG_4939.JPG

IMG_5125.JPG

The finished product and lower stance.

IMG_5117.JPG

IMG_5118.JPG

IMG_5119.JPG

Last edited:

Isaiah Thompson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got damn man!!!!! It's looks so good! I wasn't sure if you were really about that low life but I see lol. We just cut the bump stops out a friends truck man! So much travel! I'm omw to getting low but I want to finish up my front end first & take all my z71 stuff off & shave it. Man your truck real good though man! Do a smell a swap of some sort next? Or interior next? Lol good stuff man keep it coming!

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks damn good, but that sure doesn't leave much room for axle travel.

Is that considered a 3/6 kit??

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got damn man!!!!! It's looks so good! I wasn't sure if you were really about that low life but I see lol. We just cut the bump stops out a friends truck man! So much travel! I'm omw to getting low but I want to finish up my front end first & take all my z71 stuff off & shave it. Man your truck real good though man! Do a smell a swap of some sort next? Or interior next? Lol good stuff man keep it coming!

Thx sir. My eyes are always open for parts. I am pretty happy with the interior. New headliner, new carpet, new floor mats and new driver's seat leather. Check out a few pages earlier in my build thread for pictures and write up (September 2015). Made a world of difference in looks and smell because it was so bad.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks damn good, but that sure doesn't leave much room for axle travel.

Is that considered a 3/6 kit??

Yes it is. I used Tony's NorcalSS 3/5-6 kit.
http://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=88

So far the ride around town has been good. Firm and tight. Need a few more runs to see if I need to cut anything off of the new bump stop. You can see by doing the free travel mod, it gets you a bit further down in the rear. There are a few different levels on that bump stop that I can cut it down if/when I need to.

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the kit I plan on getting for mine, when the time comes. I kinda figured thats what the little "steps" on the bump stops were for.

And I know all abou the free travel mod, lol. I've got a few under my belt!!

Again man, looks damn good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchavez95

Latest posts