Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did I read correctly that you have another escalade cowl cover for the antenna?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@ecordell

No sorry for the confusion. I had my Tahoe OEM cowl end covers and I picked up a left and right Escalade set. I put the Escalade right side one without the antenna hole on my Tahoe, which left me with a 2nd spare set. The Escalade left and Tahoe right with the antenna hole.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After picking up some spare parts at the junk yard earlier in the week, I was able to put them on the truck this weekend.

I color matched the spare tire rear bumper lock cylinder cover door and I too off the license plate lights and color matched them as well.

I sprayed off the hood heat shield with some fresh water to rinse it out and then gave it a good coat of black spray paint and put it back in place after it had completely dried out in the sun.

I replaced my Tahoe OEM rear a/c heater climate temperature control face plate with the Escalade one because of the 2 broken clips in the back that would not hold it properly in place in the overhead console. Now it fits tight again. Direct swap with Tahoe unit and knobs.

Looking around the engine bay for something else to clean, I decided to paint my alternator. I pulled out a couple of small artist brushes and went to town with some Rustoleum Flat Black paint. I think it looks pretty good for having done it in place and gets rid of that horrible oxidized look. There's nothing flashy in my engine compartment so I decided not to use gloss black, but think the flat black blends nicely with the rest of the compartment.

I pulled off my CAI and sprayed the chrome end cap with some gloss black spray paint as it had a bit of rust on the end that I could not polish out. I think it looks much better now in black vs. the chrome end cap that it came with. Again nothing too flashy in my engine compartment and blends in better than just the one piece of chrome.

View attachment 59418 View attachment 59419 View attachment 59420 View attachment 59421 View attachment 59424
nice attention to detail :)

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe...I just think he is running out of things to mod since it is pretty much complete LOL...I kid...I kid....

:roflbow::roflsquared::nono: Oh man...so says the money spending coercer ....bawahahaha...so much money magically left my bank account ahem looking back over old posts. :lol: :Handshake:

The big projects have pretty much been completed. Now it's just the little stuff and keeping her maintained. The junkyard was a great stop that day and I found some cool stuff, for dirt cheap and in good condition. Always a win. Pretty cool to dig around a wrecked NBS Esky even though the vultures had pretty much picked it apart like roadkill.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:roflbow::roflsquared::nono: Oh man...so says the money spending coercer ....bawahahaha...so much money magically left my bank account ahem looking back over old posts. :lol: :Handshake:

The big projects have pretty much been completed. Now it's just the little stuff and keeping her maintained. The junkyard was a great stop that day and I found some cool stuff, for dirt cheap and in good condition. Always a win. Pretty cool to dig around a wrecked NBS Esky even though the vultures had pretty much picked it apart like roadkill.

The guilt keeps me up at night .....I'm glad some of my ideas were brought to life. The end execution is nothing but perfection. And I totally agree that sometimes the small things make the biggest statement...at least to truck guys who know what comes on certain models and what does not. You are the envy to many on this forum. Well done bud!

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still madly in love with this Tahoe...

Thx man.

The guilt keeps me up at night .....I'm glad some of my ideas were brought to life. The end execution is nothing but perfection. And I totally agree that sometimes the small things make the biggest statement...at least to truck guys who know what comes on certain models and what does not. You are the envy to many on this forum. Well done bud!

Thx sir. Appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DwaneM