Fresh Paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPE7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How much would it cost to re-paint a 2005 chevy tahoe? The one I am looking at is white (which was my second choice), but I would like it to be black. If it doesn't cost too much, I'm probably going to repaint it.

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
probably a lot if your changing the color altogether. the motor would need pulled to paint under the hood etc whereas if you just wanted a new coat of white they wouldnt need to fool with some of that stuff.

OP
OP
RPE7

RPE7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
probably a lot if your changing the color altogether. the motor would need pulled to paint under the hood etc whereas if you just wanted a new coat of white they wouldnt need to fool with some of that stuff.

True, do you have an estimate?

ActSwedish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It´s a hell of alot of work. I know cause I´ve done it a couple of times.
Much more then you would think, espcially on a white car cause you dont see dents on white the same way you do on black, black is the worst. So it always is alot of body work to get the car perfect. If you dont straighten all out it´s gonna look like crap in the end.

I on the other hand love the white ones. If you paint all the plastic white , get a nice set of wheels on them they look so good. I would keep it white or put som white pearl/metalic on the outside of the body depending on what kind of ride you want.

But all have their own taste and black is never wrong. I don´t know the prices in the U.S since I live in europe. But if you go ahead and do it the best advice I can give you is to do as much work you can by yourself to save money. Taking the car apart all the disensembly (spelling) and all that stuff. So you can just hand the painter parts and a stripped car, saves alot of time and money.

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Here is a car we did last winter. It was BMW 330 or something. The owner Is a young girl and she didn´t like the blue color so she picked her own....

This how it looked original we had started stripping it here.

wHeNjwENY.jpg

And this is the end result. We didnt pull the engine or anything. She was fine with having the engine bay blue. We did paint the inside of the hood and fenders though.

gcstduerW.jpg

WGmMgONiJ.jpg

ActSwedish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Camaro got a dark red metalic, and we did some bodywork on it. It was one of a kind though since it was registerd as a A-tractor, wich means that there is a restrictor on it making it not go any faster then a tractor. Therefore a 16yr old kid can drive it out on the roads. In Sweden you must be 18yrs old to get a drivers license and the only way to get in a car before that is if you are 16 and get a special license and get a "A-tractor" usally they are chopped up old Volvos, wich made that Camaro so unique, I thougt it was a waste of a beutiful car but one happy kid who get to pull up in that infront of all his friends riding bikes and mopeds :)

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much would it cost to re-paint a 2005 chevy tahoe? The one I am looking at is white (which was my second choice), but I would like it to be black. If it doesn't cost too much, I'm probably going to repaint it.

Several thousand... interior strip, all body panels removed, quality materials, bodywork, etc?

4-6k around here.

UNless you are a painter and do it yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lacebm2

Latest posts