How much for a paint job?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Back in the 80s I remember tv commercials for Earl Shive, "I'll paint any car for $99.95"

Well, them paint jobs were what we called "20 footers" because it looked fine from 20 feet, but any closer you can see how crappy and rough the edges were where they tapped all the trim off, etc.

The '33 hotrod was painted back around 2011 and was the bare body with no windows or interior and trim attached. The shop wanted $16k to do it all, but my father-in-law and I wanted to help and let us do the prep and blocking, etc and that reduced the cost to $11k. I hate bodywork and paint btw, but liked the experience to get to do it.

The Acadia just had paint and body work done at the dealership and they actually R&R'd (remove/reinstall) trim/light housings/glass/etc before painting an area.

So basically a good paint job will usually cost much more do to the labor and prep work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap