Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CYKBC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You hope? You wrote yourself that you "expect".

Ooowheeeeeeoooohh you're bipolarweird man.

KornFrog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon Denali. This issue started on the passenger airbag side about six months ago and also came up on the top dash driver's side above the speedometer.

I was initially stone-walled at the dealership, called GMC customer care and got nowhere, and finally e-mailed customer care. I informed them that I am a loyal GM customer, and have been for a significant amount of time and that I consider this a defect, which it clearly is, and as such would ask that they fix it as such and repair or replace the dash, regardless of my warranty status (or lack thereof).

I received a call back within about an hour and was told they cannot guarantee anything but that they would try to help solve this problem. They then told me they would contact my dealership and get in touch with me within 24 hours. I contacted my service rep at the dealership to let him know they may be calling and that I was hoping we could get this taken care of and he called me back shortly thereafter explaining that they spoke to GM and could offer me the new part and replacement for a $250 "deductible".

I considered this acceptable, as I equate this to basically paying for labor and getting the part free of charge. Perhaps I could have fought for more, as I see that some people have gotten it replaced for free (although the circumstances with mileage and warranties may vary from mine), but I considered this a fair solution and accepted.

I hope this helps anyone else that may have this issue!

wolfluvr8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2008 Chevy Tahoe 2008

I have a 2008 Chevy Tahoe LT and just noticed a crack in the dash between the airbag and the vent. Seems to be a common place. I have not yet tried calling GM or the local dealer here. Does anyone know if this has officially been recalled yet? Would you suggest I call GM first or go straight to the dealer?

Thanks guys. It's so frustrating to spend 40K+ on a vehicle and have something like this happen when it's less than 50 years old and has less than 40,000 miles on it.

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, two questions. What's the going rate to have the dash replaced with no discount? Second, has GM improved the new dashes to prevent this from happening again? It seems like chasing the wind if they're replacing the dashes with the same scrappy design

Reaction score
yup thats just cheap material, I have a 07 yukon and mine is cracked, i also have a 2000 WS6 original owner and that dash cracked after 2 yrs. and so did the door panels....

HeavyXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys my 2008 YukonXL dash crack first appeared this past weekend. That Monday I headed to my dealership and proceeded to argue my case to the service manager.

After about an hour the service manager came back with me paying 500 deductible. Not acceptable in my book. 30 minutes later, it dropped to 250. I agreed the part was ordered and installed the next day.

I really wanted free, but @ 91k I felt 250 was the best offer since I'm out of warranty.

IrishTR

Reaction score
2008 Yukon Denali XL dash crack towards the front left of steering wheel and over by the upper left corner of the Air Bag. Took to Cavendar GMC (in SATX), I also had to have a right rear exterior door handle replaced, it was $249 out the door for both.

I think it shoulda been free but eh I think thats fair for those 2 parts and labor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnaolo