Front Dash Crack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flowmini98

Reaction score
2011 Tahoe (53,000mi) with black interior/dash. Just found a 6" crack in my dash just above the speedometer hump. between this issue and the oil burning issue i may never buy GM again. Oh and this isnt just a crack it has fully cracked and seperated.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 Tahoe (53,000mi) with black interior/dash. Just found a 6" crack in my dash just above the speedometer hump. between this issue and the oil burning issue i may never buy GM again. Oh and this isnt just a crack it has fully cracked and seperated.

Wow until now they have this problem so I should stop thinking of getting any new model!

Thank you for the experience, ugly all those years and they still have the same problems!!!!!

I feel you

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

SilverBack4Jack,

I am sorry to hear that your sister is experiencing an issue with her vehicle. I am happy to look into this concern for your sister. If I can be of any assistance you may private message me or your sister can email me at [email protected] with Attention Jennifer T. in the subject line. Either method please include your sister's contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

And the man of the hour is hear!

Few questions I have to ask you GM:

1- from the 90`s until today you have cracked dashs, why? (Even the Chinese auto manufacturer dont have it!)

2- Localy the gulf market (GCC) it is in an extremely BAD shape, you chose the worst dealrs ever (KSA market) they are the worst!! My taho3 is 98 model and they refused to do any services or checks or even selling any parts!?

3- Why you accepted the bottom of the market sales share for this country (KSA) when Toyota dealr manged to get the highst number of Land cruiser sales in the world and Ford the highst number expedition sold in the area and yet ZERO nothing big you are not hear we are the owners have hard time finding spare parts for all models!?

4- Last, maybe the local dealer manged to pull the highest number compared to other dealers previously but you did a huge mistake! You are losing I dont care who or how you did the narket study but for sure not by local auto market experts!

Such lost known to all Cadillac no want to buy it because of many reasons (mostly dew to the local dealer) other Koreans/Chevy models coukd do much but not like this the fuel in this country cheap by all means and you cannot sell trucks! Wow

Last edited:

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow until now they have this problem so I should stop thinking of getting any new model!

Thank you for the experience, ugly all those years and they still have the same problems!!!!!

I feel you

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

And the man of the hour is hear!

Few questions I have to ask you GM:

1- from the 90`s until today you have cracked dashs, why? (Even the Chinese auto manufacturer dont have it!)

2- Localy the gulf market (GCC) it is in an extremely BAD shape, you chose the worst dealrs ever (KSA market) they are the worst!! My taho3 is 98 model and they refused to do any services or checks or even selling any parts!?

3- Why you accepted the bottom of the market sales share for this country (KSA) when Toyota dealr manged to get the highst number of Land cruiser sales in the world and Ford the highst number expedition sold in the area and yet ZERO nothing big you are not hear we are the owners have hard time finding spare parts for all models!?

4- Last, maybe the local dealer manged to pull the highest number compared to other dealers previously but you did a huge mistake! You are losing I dont care who or how you did the narket study but for sure not by local auto market experts!

Such lost known to all Cadillac no want to buy it because of many reasons (mostly dew to the local dealer) other Koreans/Chevy models coukd do much but not like this the fuel in this country cheap by all means and you cannot sell trucks! Wow

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, I can only assist customers from the United States and I cannot comment on marketing strategies. However, I am happy to assist you in the right direct to speak with Customer Service in Saudi Arabia.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Flowmini98

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, I can only assist customers from the United States and I cannot comment on marketing strategies. However, I am happy to assist you in the right direct to speak with Customer Service in Saudi Arabia.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Jennifer-
How can you help me get this resolved? PM me if need be

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flowmini98,

I am happy to assist you with your vehicle concern. Please private message me referencing this thread including your full name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership. If you cannot private message me, you may contact me via email at [email protected] putting Attention Jennifer T. in the subject line.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Hahaha thanks but I really don't care I am not the loser hear ;)

I am only pointing the FAIL :beer:

Flowmini98

Reaction score
Flowmini98,

I am happy to assist you with your vehicle concern. Please private message me referencing this thread including your full name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership. If you cannot private message me, you may contact me via email at [email protected] putting Attention Jennifer T. in the subject line.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

I PM'd you my info

mentalattica

Reaction score
Add me to the list of people with cracked dashes. '07 Yukon around 70k mi. For about a year or so there have been two small cracks around the airbag cover in the same places as everyone else right corner and left corner. Those were easy to ignore even though I pamper my truck. About 2 weeks ago, "snap, crackle, pop!" There goes the crack in the hump above the steering wheel. I ended up having to put some silicone adhesive on top of that crack because every bump I'd hit the dash would rattle LOUD.

I contacted Jennifer also, I'm not expecting anything, but we shall see. If GM doesn't assist with this problem, does anyone know where to find an OEM dashboard?

Attachments

• dash1.jpg
    dash1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 23
  • dash2.jpg
    dash2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 24

Baysidebum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought mine at the dealership - others found them cheaper from sites like gmpartsdirect. I installed mine myself and it was tedious (lots of screws/bolts) but very doable. I have another post with directions called DIY dash replacement. The cracks in my old dash originated underneath where the dash is bolted to the dash frame which tells me the bolts were prop over-torqued in the factory. I had the same rattling - very quiet now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobbycombs