Front differential mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I'm doing the frt differential mounts, engine mounts, and tranny mount. Wish me luck.
I'm looking forward to a Klunk free Yukon.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I'm doing the frt differential mounts, engine mounts, and tranny mount. Wish me luck.
I'm looking forward to a Klunk free Yukon.
Took me a while to get the drivers side one finagled out of it without pulling any major components out of the way, but it worked.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a lift in my garage.

I'm adding to this project: both knock sensors, all 4 O2 sensors, tranny filter and fluid change. I'll send atf sample to a lab for analysis. 40k+ miles and 3+ yrs on the Dexron VI and filter that's coming out.
Today, took the front wheels off, inner fender liners out, sway bar out, front driveshaft out, O2 sensors out, cross member out, exhaust Y lose.

I'll get back at it tomorrow. I have all the mounts, lab test kit, tranny atf, and filter here. The rest of the parts will be here in a couple of days.

Last edited:

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the tranny pan off. Cleaned the magnet. Fluid and magnet didn't look bad for 43k miles. That was the last time I had the pan off. Installed the new filter and reinstalled the pan using the ole gasket again.

Took the front differential out and removed the ole differential brackets.

Removed ole driver side engine mount. I didn't have to remove the steering shaft. I did have to remove the knock sensor I'm changing it anyway. Removed the 3 bolts that hold the mount to the frame from above. Removed the 4 bolts that hold it to the block from below. Came out the bottom. Remember I have the exhaust y piple out. Installed new H3 engine mount.

Removed the ole pass side mount. Removed the 3 bolts that hold the mount to the frame from inside the wheel well. Starter and inner ww liner were removed yesterday. Removed the 4 bolts that hold the mount to the block from below. Mount wouldn't come out until I took the mount apart. Set the new H3 mount in place and will bolt'er in tomorrow.

This is a DIRTY DIRTY job. When I bought this truck 3+ yrs ago, it had 131K miles. It was burning and leaking oil and made a mess of the under carriage. Rear main, driver valve cover, oil pan, and oil pump pickup oring later, and no more leaks. The burning oil was caused by stuck piston rings from the poor pvc design in the outdated valve cover. All the other leaks were probably caused by the same.

Nothing last forever, so I'm giving it somemore love (and $$$) in hopes it won't let us down when we least expect it.
DSCN0012.JPG
DSCN0013.JPG
DSCN0016.JPG
DSCN0015.JPG
DSCN0018.JPG

Last edited:

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gasket and torque spec questions, 07 Yukon Denali 6.2 L92:
1) what is the torque spec for the bolt thats holds the knock senson to the block?

2) is there supposed to be a gasket between the exhaust manifold and the Y pipe on the driver side. If so? what's the pt #?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I’ll tag on a little more to the front diff mounts band wagon for those of us with AWD Esky & Denali (All 07/08 mostly all 09-14) and 4WD.

There’s a left & right side diff mount. Pics and part numbers are below from other attached posts. The MOOG are identical to the OEM but only about $50 ea (rock auto) vs $199. Both already have new bushings pressed in.

6528E5F5-E3F8-48A8-8DA4-AF47DD7B36B9.jpeg
FD7EA9D3-E443-4378-A34D-2A7AABBB7235.jpeg

Here’s another pic of a bolt used to attach the front diff mount that runs through the bushing on the end of the mount. When my front diff mounts/bushings were replaced one mount bolt was literally worn down. The play between the worn bushing and its collar make a clunk and eventually would of worn the bolt through.

F6F27F18-306F-40C1-B9B6-CB69EF04BF10.jpeg

Reaction score
I’ll tag on a little more to the front diff mounts band wagon for those of us with AWD Esky & Denali (All 07/08 mostly all 09-14) and 4WD.

There’s a left & right side diff mount. Pics and part numbers are below from other attached posts. The MOOG are identical to the OEM but only about $50 ea (rock auto) vs $199. Both already have new bushings pressed in.

View attachment 414499
View attachment 414500

Here’s another pic of a bolt used to attach the front diff mount that runs through the bushing on the end of the mount. When my front diff mounts/bushings were replaced one mount bolt was literally worn down. The play between the worn bushing and its collar make a clunk and eventually would of worn the bolt through.

View attachment 414501
Good info. I just looked them up on RockAuto for my 2012 and the Moog parts are about $36 each. I'm not finding a part # for the replacement bolts though.

Moog Part #'s that cross reference to the GM #'s you posted
Left RK643171
Right RK643170

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DodgeDude99