front door speakers cut out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjde0b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My speakers in the front doors cut out. The tweets work but no doors. I read somewhere else that the door and tweets are spliced together so I would think they would both work if one works.

Could I be having an amp problem (do I have an amp?), or would you suggest something else?

OP
OP
B

bjde0b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did that already and it was solid. And the speaker worked while I was in the door.

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
I thought the amp was only used for the rear speakers?
@ BJ...you might have a sticking voice coil in the speakers.
I changed my front speakers about a month ago, and if I remember correctly, the speaker, and the tweeter were wired in parallel. So, the tweeter will work still if the speaker cuts out.
New speakers are cheap enough, you might want to just change 'em out.

Clack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bumpity bump! Seems there's 10 topics on this and no answer. Front speakers and blinker chimes go out intermittently. Very annoying.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Check the harness that runs from the front fender below the A-pillar to the door. Those wires flex a lot and can be compromised or break. A wiggle test might just help you zero in on the cause.

Clack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very unlikely both doors have speaker wire connections that go out simultaneously anywhere but the head unit. I guess I will check there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knot on call