What are you doing about uncomfortable seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jforb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do the ls have tow packages and higher gear ratio still? I don't need any of the fancy gizmos honestly.

It comes with the tow package, but the brake controller is optional (Advanced Trailering Package cost $250). It's the only option I got when I ordered the truck. Not sure what you mean by "higher gear ratio", they all come with 3.23 gears. The ten speed transmission has a very wide ratio spread from 1st to 10th, so it works just fine.

BacDoc

Reaction score
Interesting topic as it’s 100% personal preference. My career has been mostly focused on spinal management and low back pain affects most adults eventually as we are not built for sitting and driving. All latest research on ergonomics proves sitting position is one of the worst things for lumbar spine and degenerative disc disease. Some studies suggest it is almost as bad as smoking for health outcomes and disability.
Clinical studies show more pressure on lumbar disc sitting than standing with 20lb weight in each hand. Bottom line is prolonged sitting is bad for the back no matter what the sitting surface is like - it is more about the angle of spine and hip flexion. Reality is there is no good seat, just one that doesn’t hurt you as bad as others lol!

Any way it’s what “feels” right for you, some like a firm surface and some feel better on softer surfaces. Sitting is just ******* the back!

When I was test driving trucks I found the Jeep Wagoneer and Ford Expedition had the softer seats-way more plush. I prefer a firmer surface so the GM felt much better to me. Toyota was similar to GM but quality of materials was much better in GM but that’s just my preference.

OP
OP
X

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting topic as it’s 100% personal preference. My career has been mostly focused on spinal management and low back pain affects most adults eventually as we are not built for sitting and driving. All latest research on ergonomics proves sitting position is one of the worst things for lumbar spine and degenerative disc disease. Some studies suggest it is almost as bad as smoking for health outcomes and disability.
Clinical studies show more pressure on lumbar disc sitting than standing with 20lb weight in each hand. Bottom line is prolonged sitting is bad for the back no matter what the sitting surface is like - it is more about the angle of spine and hip flexion. Reality is there is no good seat, just one that doesn’t hurt you as bad as others lol!

Any way it’s what “feels” right for you, some like a firm surface and some feel better on softer surfaces. Sitting is just ******* the back!

When I was test driving trucks I found the Jeep Wagoneer and Ford Expedition had the softer seats-way more plush. I prefer a firmer surface so the GM felt much better to me. Toyota was similar to GM but quality of materials was much better in GM but that’s just my preference.
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bygdaddy

Latest posts