Front Receiver Hitch For a Winch..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Earl33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Warn 9500Ti that I took off my Jeep a few years back.. I am wanting to put it on the 02 Hoe and would like to make it detachable. The question is what brand of hitch should I use and where should I get it from.. The winch cradle itself is not the issue. I'm wanting to know if anyone has a setup like this and from where you purchased the front hitch and how you like the versatilaty and option on moving the winch to the rear in times of need....

WoldD90

Off Road Addict
Reaction score
I am doing the same thing... Curt makes a nice set up that bolts on to factory holes, in about 30 mins. eBay is the the cheapest. The part number for my truck is 31108.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Earl33

Earl33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you ordered it yet? If so could I see some pics? I'm getting ready to do it soon. Bought one of my two redtops today. Hunting season is about here and my Hoe has to go to work. No free rides.

WoldD90

Off Road Addict
Reaction score
I am ordering it this weekend... So I can install it over labor day. If you are going to run a winch, you should get the yellow top. It is better able to recover from heavy use. Gotta like someone else that uses their truck in the woods.

OP
OP
Earl33

Earl33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It won't be under a lot of real heavy use. Used to pull boats up steep river banks when floating and pull up icy half ass boat ramps. On my jeep it got used and put up wet. It will be more like retirement home stuff for the next few years.

WoldD90

Off Road Addict
Reaction score
Got it... Then the red top will be fine. My land rover defender 90 gets used hard like that.

OP
OP
Earl33

Earl33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When you get it put on post up some pics if you don't mind.

OP
OP
Earl33

Earl33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered my hitch. Should be in next week. Where should I get the quick connect front and rear power supply kit from?Or are you making your own?

OP
OP
Earl33

Earl33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got my hitch in this afternoon takes maybe 30 mins to install..
I got a good laugh at the install directions.. Time to Install for a Professional is 120 mins... Time for a Novice (DIY) 60 mins. No wonder it cost so much to have something worked on or installed at a Shop or Dealer... Ordered my mounting plate (cradle) yesterday. Maybe it will come in before the weekend...

Attachments

• Hitch.jpg
    Hitch.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 13
  • Hitch1.jpg
    Hitch1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Hitch2.jpg
    Hitch2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 15

Forum statistics

Threads