Fuel filter help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
yea, I have the flex fuel filter... pretty sure the non-flex fuel filter is actually inside the tank... at least thats what I read a while back on the other forum.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea, I have the flex fuel filter... pretty sure the non-flex fuel filter is actually inside the tank... at least thats what I read a while back on the other forum.

nope, on the frame rail like yours, just it doesnt need the fancy tool to remove, it's just a basic unscrew, replace with new filter.

04chevyhoe

Reaction score
You need the white clip on the aftermarket fuel filter, if the took the stock meatal clip out. The stock filter has a meatal clip that you need a tool to remove (or a o ring pick to pull it out). The white clip on the aftermarket filter holds the filter in the fuel line, and The white clip alows you to remove the filter without the tool.

Last edited:

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
again... you DO NOT need the white clip on the aftermarket fuel filter... 100% not needed. The fuel filter is held in place by the quick connect fitting that is apart of the fuel line....

ALL THAT BEING SAID.... you MIGHT be correct when you say that the white clip allows you to remove the filter without the tool, but since I have the tool, I will continue to remove the uneccesary white plastic clip.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a question on this. Do I need to relieve the fuel pressure at the fuel rail or can I just unscrew the filter and let it bleed out? I really don't want to go searching for a fuel pressure gauge. I was planning to just relieve pressure on the tank and bleed the pressure at the line when I take the filter off. Bad idea?

04chevyhoe

Reaction score
I got a question on this. Do I need to relieve the fuel pressure at the fuel rail or can I just unscrew the filter and let it bleed out? I really don't want to go searching for a fuel pressure gauge. I was planning to just relieve pressure on the tank and bleed the pressure at the line when I take the filter off. Bad idea?

Take the plastic off the top of the intake and you will see a black cap on the passenger side fuel rail. Unscrew the cap and you will see what is very similar to a valve stem. That is where you can release the fuel pressure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Extrememri1

Latest posts