Fuel injection maintainance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NH TAHOE LT

Reaction score
Morning All,

Just wonder what, if anything folks are doing to keep FI system clean. It says Flex fuel E85 etc in the manual and I am used to Holley carbs so not much experience with FI. LOL

I have the 5.3 Vortec so just curious, runs fine no hesitation or problems. 111K miles.

Thanks..

Jim

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I find if you use good quality fuel and the correct octane, you will do yourself a big favor. No name fuel means less additives. I use mid grade Chevron at all times and think of 1/4 tank as empty.

I also use Chevron Techron additive, periodically. The fuel system cleaning that is pushed at some shops is typically not worth squat.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morning All,

Just wonder what, if anything folks are doing to keep FI system clean. It says Flex fuel E85 etc in the manual and I am used to Holley carbs so not much experience with FI. LOL

I have the 5.3 Vortec so just curious, runs fine no hesitation or problems. 111K miles.

Thanks..

Jim
Jim, the best thing you can use to clean your fuel system is a couple full tanks of E85. The motors love it and it will clean up the injectors in no time. Otherwise, run top-tier fuels, they have the best additive packages. My trucks get fed E85 or 93 octane from Chevron most of the time. However, I have been running Shell's 93 to prove myself wrong! That'll be a post someday when testing is complete.

OP
OP
N

NH TAHOE LT

Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of good advice, thanks all.

Gonna see if I can find some E85 here in the So. NH just for kicks and its good to know Chevron makes a good additive. I may also run a bottle in the Wife's Honda.

I always run Shell 93 in my LeMans GT.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot of good advice, thanks all.

Gonna see if I can find some E85 here in the So. NH just for kicks and its good to know Chevron makes a good additive. I may also run a bottle in the Wife's Honda.

I always run Shell 93 in my LeMans GT.
I've never seen E85 anywhere in NH, not that I've looked real hard. If you find a station serving E85, please let me know, just for information purposes at this time, as I currently run exclusively Sunoco 93 octane in my truck.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Find e85? Yup, there’s an App for that…

“GasBuddy”. It has an e85 finder only on the phone app version. It paid for itself last week when it was national e85 day & all Chevron had $1.85 e85. I’ve never had a $47 fill up on an Escalade before.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyBosnian

Latest posts