Fuel line repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Welderman85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. I was doing the fuel lines in my tahoe and the metal lines got stuck and ruined the ends of the plastic lines that run on top of the tank. Can new ends be put put on to the lines. There expensive to replace so I would like to repair

Attachments

• 20240706_185036(0).jpg
    20240706_185036(0).jpg
    806.8 KB · Views: 2

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can put new connectors on. You have to heat that stuff up with a blow gun and melt the glue (expand the nylon hose) a bit then can put in a new fitting. I'd not advise it on pressurized stuff though like that.

You can do a steel braided AN6 line setup, if time is not of the essence. I've a little experience with that... but not enough to know what parts to spec. If you want to go that route call Summit Racing and their sales support will help you. They are AWESOME at helping spec out / build custom orders to do stuff like that.

Otherwise, I'd just go to the junkyard and pull another line set off a tank. They're all over the place in junkyards and they wouldn't cost much. As you know they just snap off the top of the tank.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IIRC @89Suburban did some repair like this but I don't recall if it was evap or pressurized lines. Or both.

Last edited:

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should mention if you grab those top of tank fuel lines at the junkyard, MAKE SURE they have two o-rings on each fitting. They'll be on the inside diameter just beyond where the tangs lock to the metal line set. Otherwise, if an oring is missing the lines will leak. You can install new o-rings but better to get them w/ the orings in them. When you install them, spray the orings with a little PB Blaster.

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. I was doing the fuel lines in my tahoe and the metal lines got stuck and ruined the ends of the plastic lines that run on top of the tank. Can new ends be put put on to the lines. There expensive to replace so I would like to repair
Oreilly says they have one of the supply hose assemblies in their system. ACD 24100438

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you have any issues. I need to fix the supply and return. These are what I got to try with. Are they ok
I didn’t use barbed fittings just shark bite type unions and some connectors with the hose already attached to the barbs. I’ll dig the info up for you later when I get the time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
13-ssv-4x4

Latest posts