Fuel Pressure PSI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

diezelraccoon

Reaction score
Interesting. Yeah, that seems like flex fuel label. Are you the original owner of this truck?

Can you post a photo of the injectors? The L59 are visually different than those from the non flex-fuel variants.

Things get swapped over the years and ownership. Possibly engine, glovebox or fuel door are not original?

For example:
On my 99 Silverado I swapped the engine from a V6 to an L59, transmission from a 4L60e to a 4L80e, and last year I deleted to center console to a jumpseat (including the glovebox with another truck's RPO code label.) I did keep my old glovebox, and I was going to swap the lid, but even then, stuff doesn't match exactly. LoL
Do I need to remove an injector or what does the pic need to show?

OP
OP
D

diezelraccoon

Reaction score
Your pump isnt meeting min spec at KOEO. Its done. Stay away from aftermarket pump modules unless you like changing fuel pumps...alot.
Can you link me to where you recommend? I usually only do OEM so in this case would be ACdelco more than likely.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your pump isnt meeting min spec at KOEO. Its done. Stay away from aftermarket pump modules unless you like changing fuel pumps...alot.
Looks like PO is 2 psi below spec. I would have thought this was close enough, but I don't know.

On my older SBC/4.3 Vortec, they always primed a few psi below spec, but still fired up. The spider injectors I always read really needed the minimum to fire, but mine didn't have that issue it seemed.

I'm still learning the LS engines, so that's why I'm asking.

I would still like to see OP cap the return line to see maximum pressure developed by the pump, in case maybe it's a fuel pressure regulator issue? IDK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawkeye1