Fuel Pump or NOT Fuel PUMP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will removed 4 Spark Plugs. to make it easy for me to turn the Engine by Hand.

I will Make sure i Feel AIR comes out of Number #1 spark plug hole as its TDC.

I will go Set the Timing mark to ZERO

I will put distributor back and connects everything back on

That's about it!! Can't get any easy-er than that!!

and Yes, I'm getting a p1345

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have set the Timing Mark on the Pulley to the Plastic. Set the distributor pointing at #1 on Distributor.

I made sure I have it at TDC. and made sure i Felt pressure coming out of #1 Spark plug hole..

Here is the picture of what i have done

Going to Test it out tommorow and let you all know if it works

Attachments

• 2011-01-22_164510_timing.jpg
    2011-01-22_164510_timing.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need timing assistant

I have tryed for nearly 1 week. 3 hours daily to make this engine start

I have tryed several ways to make it start. so far. the only thing i could do is to get it start with a start fluid...

I have follow this instruction below and the car will not start with starting fluid or without starting fluid. it will Crank.

I made sure that ALL Spark Plug Wires is on the correct spark plug
Made sure there is Spark on the spark plug. I tested them ALL. there is spark.

I have Put my Finger on # 1 spark plug hole and made sure it push out pressure and. see my timing mark PERFECTLY.. THERE is only 1 timing mark on my Denali/SUV.

I have set the distributor so many ways. I lost hoPE..

The last instruction i Follow STEP by STEP

------------
Follow these instructions and you should be able to get the distributor in pefect time. To get the number 1 cylinder to tdc on the compression stroke, remove the number 1 plug, put your finger over the plug hole and turn the engine from the balancer to the timming mark, if the number 1 cylinder is on the compression stroke, you should feel air trying to push on your finger, if not then turn the engine over another 360 deg till you feel pressure. The other way is to remove the valve cover and look at the rocker arms to see if they are both closed when on the tdc timming mark. There may be 2 timming marks on the balancer, use the second one.

Distributor Installation

Read more: 1999 GMC Yukon Denali: distributor..timing..I need a scan tool, a mech - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/2351v-repairs-1999-gmc-yukon-denali-5-7l.html#ixzz2Q7sLn074

195336.gif

Bring cylinder number one piston to TDC of compression stroke

500690.gif

Align the indent hole on the driven gear with the paint mark on the distributor housing ensure that the distributor rotor segment points to the cap hold area.

523746.gif

Align the slotted tang in the oil pump driveshaft with the distributor driveshaft. Rotate the oil pump driveshaft with a screwdriver if necessary.
Align the flat (1) in the distributor housing toward the front of the engine.
Install the distributor and distributor clamp.

68505.gif

Once the distributor is fully seated, align the distributor rotor segment with the number 8 pointer that is cast into the distributor base.
If the distributor rotor segment does not come within a few degrees of the number 8 pointer, the gear mesh between the distributor and camshaft may be off a tooth or more. Repeat the procedure in order to achieve proper alignment.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
so it is back to not starting again. i have to say you either forgot unplugged something and forgot to plug it back in are the dizzy is way off. perhaps you unplug the igntion stuff.:think:

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

you know actually if it was running well before but had the code i would have just watched the cam_retard reading and see if the dizzy could be rotated a bit either way to zero it out. it could not have been that for out.

can you get a good clean downward looking pic of you dizzy please.

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Distributor is 4 Day OLD and made sure the Crank and Cam Sensor is connect. I have actually Removed and Reinserted it just to make sure. and Actually clean the sensor and dry it out before inserting it.

When the Trunk actually starts by applying starting fluid. I have Adjusted the Distributer so many way."Well you could Only adjusted so much" and still having the issue

I have actually tryed to See the Timing Retard Using OBD2 Reader and syncing the devices with Torque Apps from my Android phone. and it always stays at 5.5*

I'm in that point to hire a Mechanic. But I have Check and Triple Check:
* Timing Mark
* Distributor Settings " I believe it could only be inserted successfully 3 ways. because of the gearing on the shaft and into the ENGINE.
* Fuel Pump is working and has pressure. but this will not allow the engine not to start. but then again. i have not check the Pressure the PUMP is given. I check that out before i hire a Certified Mechanic
* TRIPLE CHECK all sensor. I spend nearly 1 hour just double checking and cleaning
* I have clear the ENGINE CODE and try to start engine when timing and distributor properly set. STILL NO LUCK
* I have even try not setting the timing mark and just go by just Making sure that distributor is set to TDC by Valve Cam.. its amazing. it still did not work
* Spark PLUG!! Car start by using starting fluid so spark produce spark and i have also test all and it has sparks
* I made sure that the AIR FILTER Assymly is tight and install properly from what i read. this car will not start without it

ANY ideas. Or should i trow in the WHITE TOWEL and call?

Thanks

Raul

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it could only be inserted successfully 3 ways. because of the gearing on the shaft and into the ENGINE.

Anyone who makes this kind of statement has no idea how to properly set a distributor. I have no doubt yours is set wrong.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if it start with starting fluid it is making me think something is wrong with the fuel pressure again. check the pressure again. by any chance do you happen to have two timing marks on the crank damper?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattmoore939