Fuel Pump or NOT Fuel PUMP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone who makes this kind of statement has no idea how to properly set a distributor. I have no doubt yours is set wrong.

I really hope your correct That I'm Incorrect.. I will test the fuel Pressure soon..

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Key on - engine off - 49 psi and holds steady
Turn engine off and let sit for 20 mins - Pressure Drops to 35 PSI

fuel pressure should be 60-66 psi..

I will Replace the Fuel filter and see if I'm able raise that Fuel Pressure. If not I guest i have no option to replace the FUEL PUMP again!!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
yeah a little low and drops a bit to fast then what i have seen. are you able to smell any strong fuel odor down the throttle body when you are under pressure for 30 60 minutes of testing time?

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

just trying to make sure it will have to be a fuel pump before you change it. i have a fuel test process for it if you want.

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No FUEL Odor at all.. Weird. I would assume there should be some kind of odor..

Yes. please provide me your method of fuel pressure test process. that will be Great!!

thank you

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It failed that Test you posted! I have ordered a New FUEL PUMP 1 week ago and Received it today.. I forgot to mention My kid put half Can of Brake fluid inside my gas tank. and I DID NOT drop it and clean it.. it just run it until the tank was empty. so for sure my Fuel Filter needs to be replace. WHICH i have already ordered...

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, i dont have the cash to purchase Delphi. I purchase Second best Spectree. I have read some bad review. but I'm broke. and need to get this car to run

and yes. i have run a Full tank "almost a Full tank.

I hope everything works out great ...

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a Quick Update

I have Replace the Fuel Pump Full assembly, New Fuel Filter "WAX brand"

Setup TDC and set Distributor..

Started the SUV using a Starting fluid and start after a few Cranks.
Run the Engine for about 20 Minutes, and left to Backyard barbeque for about 5 hours.

After the 5 hours barbeque, I got home and started the Truck within two crank its starts without any issue.

YAY

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PICTURE of the Denali.. Still not perfect. but it will do. NO MORE money dump into this truck.. NO MORE.. LOL

for more picture go here

MORE PICTURE

Attachments

• DSCF4760.jpg
    DSCF4760.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF4764.jpg
    DSCF4764.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members